Show us your Custom/Boutique drums!

Obiwandrumobe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Hope these new times are going well for you and your family.
There has been lots of different discussions about custom/boutique drums on the forum but I searched the forum and didn’t see a thread where you shared pictures of your custom drums.

Please share a picture of your custom/boutique drums and let us know where it stands in your small/large collection! Would you let it go before your big name drums (Gretsch, Ludwig, Yamaha, Pearl, etc.)?

here is mine, Modern drum shop NYC, the shop operated from the mid 80’s until 2008 in NYC under the ownership of 60’s Jazz drummer Joe Cusatis. I got the 12”x8” and the snare as well. Currently debating if I should let it go for a 90’s Pearl Masters custom bop kit I found locally, debating hard!
Should I?

View attachment 434434

Cheers~
----------------------------------------------
Joe Cusatis's Modern Drum Shop was a wonderful enclave for drummers along with Frank Ippolito's Professional Percussion Center, New York both of which I think were for a time located on W.46th (or W.48th?) between Sixth Avenue and Seventh in NYC. He was and hopefully still is a great guy who taught a friend of mine (R.I.P.) and sold me my Leedy snare the rims of which I had his tech true up. He's in my mind and heart.

purity

Reaction score
Deposit down. Pickup scheduled. Ray Era! A dream since the early 90's coming true. I cannot wait!

10", 12", 14", 16", 20x18"
Congrats on the purchase, beautiful drums. Color me jealous. I've always wanted a set of Ayottes.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Here is the snare I just put on my kit today. It is a CCW Drums USA, 6.5x14 ash stave. It was made by Jimmy Krueger, a master craftsman from Medford, WI. Jimmy makes stave shells for Hendrix Drums; look for his signature on the inside of many Hendrix drums. This shell is only 1/4" thick, with 1/2" integrated re-rings. I had it drilled for tube lugs and a dual-adjust Tama strainer. It is a wonderful drum to play, look at, and listen to!

https://flacche.com/index.php/ccw-ash-stave

ccwashonkitsmall.jpg

ccw1465asc6small.jpg

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
My Sonor Designer, Kick 22 * 17.5, 8*8, 10*9, 12*10, 14*14.
Model from 1994, excellent sound, even like a brand ne SQ2.
Gorgeous kit! Don't take this as a negative, but would Sonor be considered a boutique brand? I was assuming boutique implied lesser-popular, smaller-operation brands, excluding Ludwig, Pearl, Tama, Gretsch, Yamaha, Sonor, Mapex, etc. Regardless, I would love to test out your Designers!