Show us your Custom/Boutique drums!

vnorberto3

Reaction score
Gorgeous kit! Don't take this as a negative, but would Sonor be considered a boutique brand? I was assuming boutique implied lesser-popular, smaller-operation brands, excluding Ludwig, Pearl, Tama, Gretsch, Yamaha, Sonor, Mapex, etc. Regardless, I would love to test out your Designers!
Hy, no of course it is'nt a boutique brand /sonor/but this drum is a mix beeten a best sound, and a fantastic look, so for me is like a b... drum! :)

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Here is a gorgeous 7x14 Noble & Cooley Cherry Classic. It's a steam-bent cherry shell, with cherry re-rings. I just got it back today from Nick at Noble & Cooley. He completely refurbished the drum. The shell was re-sealed on the interior. The exterior was sanded and re-coated with their new UV high-gloss finish. The brass lugs, throw off, and butt were all buffed and re-lacquered. It got a brand new badge and new air vent grommet. It also got new N&C triple-flange hoops and Evans heads. The good news for anyone drooling... it's going up for sale tomorrow!

N&C is a great American company; BY FAR the best customer service I've received (second being Evans/D'Addario). Sometimes, it's worth paying a little more to get superior products and services.

IMG_5790.jpg
IMG_5794.jpg
IMG_5795.jpg
IMG_5796.jpg
IMG_5777.jpg
IMG_5780.jpg
IMG_5783.jpg
IMG_5785.jpg
IMG_5797.jpg

Ang

Reaction score
This is Fibes, Austin era Jasper shell, bop kit. Originally just a 16x18, 8x12, 14x14, I ordered a 8x10 Tom that I don’t really use anymore. These drums sound great though, pictured with a 5x14 N&C SS Birch shell snare. Once I got this snare dialed it is awesome!

Attachments

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's a Hard Bop Rob Schuh (sp?) 6.5x14 block construction snare I used to own until it was stolen from me in Kansas City MO a few years ago.
I f****** miss that snare....
Any see it out there?¿ lemme know.......!
Here are some shots of a cocobolo kit he made under the name Hard Bop (I think he outsourced the shells, but I can't recall from where). Not mine, but man, it looks nice.

CocoboloBop003.jpg

CocoboloBop008.jpg

CocoboloBop011.jpg

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

hatandbeard

Reaction score

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here are some shots of a cocobolo kit he made under the name Hard Bop (I think he outsourced the shells, but I can't recall from where). Not mine, but man, it looks nice.
Wow, I just had a flashback to the days of the old RMMP newsgroup.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dang, never thought the custom drums game is so strong here...good thing I started this thread..keep on posting!

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My former TRS Custom Drums Kit .
Maple shells with an inner ply of African Mahogany - the inner and outer ply are vertical grain orientation which really boosts the bottom end .
The drums have multiple bearing edges depending on which drum is in the kit . The Toms batter side has a 30 degree roundover edge . The tom resonant side has a sharp 45 degree edge . The bass drum batter is a full roundover edge and the bass drum resonant is a 30 degree edge I believe . The lacquer finish is done using Acrylic lacquer which is IMHO much nicer than polyester finishes . Acrylic kind of has the best of both nitrocellulose and polyester .

Attachments

Latest posts