Show us YOUR hat ..... :)

gbow

Reaction score
Awesome thread, I usually don't wear a hat because my head sweats so much I trash them after about one show.

But I always think about wearing one and really like the look, so maybe after seeing good options I'll change my mind.

gabo

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
First off, I don’t wear hats indoors. I was raised right.

Second, I don’t understand why anyone would want to keep the lid on their pot while simmering or boiling.

Third, most dudes in porkpies are wearing hats that are too small. It should fit on your heat, not atop your head.
buddy rich 1980s aviator glasses.jpg

Last edited:

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What you need is one of those hats like David Crosby wore years ago w the Byrds.
1574949066155.png

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, please, if you are going to wear a hat, learn to wear it properly.

THIS looks like you are wearing a costume; it's for beginners and pretenders:

THIS, however, makes you look like a seasoned, informed hat wearer:

Pull down those brims, gents, and wear those hats like a man. Enough said.

GeeDeeEmm

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
T
I have been wearing a variety of hats following minor scalp surgery and here is the latest one from last night. I look a bit serious but playing with some fine jazz cats causes concentration :)
. View attachment 417908
[/QUOTE

Is Percussion House the brand name of your drums? If so it's one I never heard of before and will add it to my list of 993 other drum brand names. I'd also like to know where they are made and what made you decide to buy them. Thanks.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
^^^^^
"Is Percussion House the brand name of your drums? If so it's one I never heard of before and will add it to my list of 993 other drum brand names. I'd also like to know where they are made and what made you decide to buy them. Thanks."

Yes, It is Thailand based custom drum maker and the drums are made of Walnut and Mahogany plies with Maple hoops and Evans Calftone heads. I saw them played by Bangkok jazz players and liked both the look and the warm tones.
66950950_2422848307949540_2904331579331444736_n.jpeg