Show Us Your Rides

Reaction score
This week I pulled apart the drum room for some cleaning, and decided to take a few pix. Here are a few cymbals (rides included,) all Paiste.

Back row: 22" SCDR, 22" 602 Paperthin, 22" Twenty Masters Dark Ride, 20" Dark Energy Light Dark, 22 Modern Essentials, 22" SCDR, 22" Trad Med Light, 22" Super (in there somewhere.)

Towards the front: 20" 602 602 Thin Flat, 19" 602 Medium, 18" 602 Thin Flat (in there somewhere.)

IMG_1270.jpg

And here's a good money shot (sorry, I know you asked for just ride cymbals, but there is a few snare drums in this shot too.)

IMG_1266.jpg

MSG

Reaction score
whats your favorite from that bunch ?
Truthfully I never really think in terms of "favorite." I don't own anything that I don't absolutely LOVE! I sold off all my "likes" years ago. I just think in terms of what's best for the gig, song, room, musical context, or situation.

I follow those (self imposed) rules for the drum set, snares and cymbals. Band leaders like it, and I sort of do too. I've had most of my instruments for a long while, so I really "know" them. I really enjoy putting together "the right instrument" for me, for the gig.

However, I'm not opposed to occasionally taking a "perfectly inappropriate" (to me) sound to a gig as well, to mix things up, and inspire some musical experimentation and creativity.

MSG

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
My go-ride is a late 50's Zildjian A Small Stamp 2158 g
If that's the one that you got from me ( I think it is)....I must have played 15-20 before picking that one for you. It really sounded nice. I just kept going back to it.

Mike

Ludwigboy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the one that you got from me ( I think it is)....I must have played 15-20 before picking that one for you. It really sounded nice. I just kept going back to it.

Mike
Yes it was,,, you have good taste in cymbals!

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two recent discs, in addition to those arrayed at the beginning of this thread: A Zildjian Uptown Ride and a 20” K Flat (denuded of any ink or markings).
In many ways these fill some gaps in my pack of sled dogs. Until their arrival, I’ve had neither an 18 nor a flat. My other rides work well in medium to loud situations, and these are, I suppose, betrothed to the more subtle gatherings. I think I may be done for a while…at least done until this Qovid Quarantine is over and I start playing with bands again.

I need to explore these in applications other than the shed. I feel that along with the others, more or less, I now have a different ride available for the sorts of situations I find myself in.

So I’m telling myself.
6FCFFDD1-2E46-4A80-A543-C12D58CE2864.jpeg
BAD3DB17-44FC-4480-9391-62F591E6CBA5.jpeg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I can attest to the 20" K Flat. Very nice.
I have yet to try an Uptown ride, but all reports are favourable.
Congrats on your latest grabs, CC. :thumbup:

Elvis