header.nohb.html

Show Us Your Summit Drums

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Only one for me, it took me a long time to decide on the wood and style and also because I wnated it to be a 15" floor Tom, so, 15X8" Walnut. Next one will be the purpleheart 14X6.25" and maybe a Mahogany.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I received a 5.5x14 Walnut snare from Gary. I pulled all the hardware off of a Pearl Sensitone that I wasn't using much and sent it to him. This is the 3rd drum that I've bought from Gary and like usual, the whole build process was smooth and easy. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The snare sounds awesome and has a big tuning range despite its size. It's exactly what I was looking for and the build quality is excellent. Enough good things can't be said about Gary/Summit, he's super easy to work with and the end product is fantastic. Currently thinking about what my 4th purchase will be...

View attachment 561108
What are the toe other ones? Did you post pictures of them already?

curly

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here is a build using a set of shells Gary put together for me.

12x7.5
15x13
20x13
14x5.5

African Mahogany with Slingy repro lugs/hoops hardware and bits from a few others.

Originally the shells were going to stay uncovered, but the allure of Antique White Pearl from Precision Drum sucked me in. No regrets at all and frankly, no perceivable negative sonic impact for the drums themselves. I also had the bearing edges modified a bit to approximate a fatter and more rounded edge like I've seen on older Slingys.

I'd put Gary right up there with Josh/INDe Drum as far customer service and willingness to communicate and accommodate a customer's desires.

IMG-8627.jpg

IMG_8654.jpg

IMG_8655.jpg

IMG_8656.jpg

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's today's winner for me! What a BEAUTIFUL set..... I'm setting here drooling

T_Weaves

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had a kit, and I'm on my 4th snare from Gary. This is my favorite. 14x6 birdseye maple with the newer Peak series lugs, stick saver hoops, and throw off stuff. Currently using it with my SQ2 maple kit. It's a killer.

20221022_123508.jpg
sq2 crop a.jpg

nk126

Reaction score
Here is a build using a set of shells Gary put together for me.

12x7.5
15x13
20x13
14x5.5

African Mahogany with Slingy repro lugs/hoops hardware and bits from a few others.

Originally the shells were going to stay uncovered, but the allure of Antique White Pearl from Precision Drum sucked me in. No regrets at all and frankly, no perceivable negative sonic impact for the drums themselves. I also had the bearing edges modified a bit to approximate a fatter and more rounded edge like I've seen on older Slingys.

I'd put Gary right up there with Josh/INDe Drum as far customer service and willingness to communicate and accommodate a customer's desires.

View attachment 601797

View attachment 601798

View attachment 601799

View attachment 601800
Beauty!

I have a an African Mahog snare Gary built for me that I love. Can only imagine how rich and warm your kit sounds