...show us your Yammys!!!...

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
Am sure it that has already been done...but still would like to see what you got in the way of Yamaha Recording Custom kits...from vintage era to present day offerings...in all of their variations. So go ahead...make my day!... :-D

-elcid

w2w

Reaction score
Am sure it that has already been done...but still would like to see what you got in the way of Yamaha Recording Custom kits...from vintage era to present day offerings...in all of their variations. So go ahead...make my day!... :-D

-elcid

You mean like these? ;-)

Original 1979 Recording Customs, made in Japan, original factory Yamaha realwood finish.

14x22, 8x12, 14x14, 6.5x14 supersensitive snare (also 5.5x14 & 8x14)

Amazing sounding drums.

mikesdrums

Drummer
Reaction score
Here's my Yamaha collection. Tour Custom and Recording Custom. One of each!

The serial number on the 10x12 Recording Custom tom is JP-0007. I guess somewhere there are a 9x10 and a 12x14 with serial numbers JP-0006 and JP-0008.

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score

-elcid

You mean like these? ;-)

Original 1979 Recording Customs, made in Japan, original factory Yamaha realwood finish.

14x22, 8x12, 14x14, 6.5x14 supersensitive snare (also 5.5x14 & 8x14)

Amazing sounding drums.
...this is what am talking about! :notworthy: :occasion5: Thanks for sharing!... :icon_smile:

-elcid

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
Here's my Yamaha collection. Tour Custom and Recording Custom. One of each!

The serial number on the 10x12 Recording Custom tom is JP-0007. I guess somewhere there are a 9x10 and a 12x14 with serial numbers JP-0006 and JP-0008.

Cool! :occasion5: :drunken: What year (s) do the date from?...

-elcid

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
What...this is it...no 'mo Yammys?! :(

Been wondering why there aren't any Yamaha drums photos posted in the Gallery section too (perhaps I missed seeing 'em somehow). Ummm...

-elcid

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score

Been wondering why there aren't any Yamaha drums photos posted in the Gallery section too (perhaps I missed seeing 'em somehow). Ummm...

-elcid
Well I initially didn't post these because they are Tour Customs and also long gone but what the heck....

And here's me playing my red RCs back in the late 80's. I sold them in 1990.

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

-elcid
Well I initially didn't post these because they are Tour Customs and also long gone but what the heck....

And here's me playing my red RCs back in the late 80's. I sold them in 1990.
those drums are nice. tony thompson red baby! nice trick hardware, too.

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
Still waiting for a Harley Davidson high end drum set, so in the meantime...................................................................................................................... :drunken: :occasion5:

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
those drums are nice. tony thompson red baby! nice trick hardware, too.
I bought the kit in Dec. of '84 when I was going through my Tony Thompson phase! I thought he was the coolest looking drummer in how he played. I tried to be just like him from '85 - '89. I finally found my own style around 1990, so the drums had to go. LOL.