header.nohb.html

Show Your Drum-Related Tattoo

44Ronin

Reaction score
It’s not ink , it’s pigment and the company’s that produce it are under very strict guidelines and heavily regulated .

Abstract​

The production of tattoo ink and pigments in the US is unregulated. There are no guidelines or standards issued by national agencies. However, the practice of tattooing is regulated at the state and local levels but varies widely. Adverse events are addressed when a problem is reported"

44Ronin

Reaction score
Fifty separate systems. Sounds legit. Refer to Table 1, a dog's breakfast.

My favourite column, in table 1 "Tattooist required to wear gloves" ..

DBT

Reaction score
The Professor who wrote that 2015 article should have done more research and referencing . Sorry to disappoint you but the FDA does in fact regulate the pigments that go into “ink” . It’s not the pigment that isn’t safe , it’s the back yard “tattooists” and the Shops that don’t practice sterilization and hygiene to stretch their profits and along with keeping the entire shop clean and booths sterile . In my state Shops are heavily regulated and everything in them . State Spot checks , the Red Cross comes in to test you for you’re annual Certifications etc. I’ve been up to the Spaulding factory in Upstate NY and they are cleaner then your average food processing plants by a standing mile . Also , not all states are created equal although most are getting better .

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 3 tattoos , told my 1st wife when we met , I was 17 at the time .
That I wanted some tattoos .
I have 3 , one is music related .

If I had to do all over , I’d have zero .

DBT

Reaction score
I have 3 tattoos , told my 1st wife when we met , I was 17 at the time .
That I wanted some tattoos .
I have 3 , one is music related .

If I had to do all over , I’d have zero .
Agreed . I have probably over 150 , basically covered and I would stay clean if I had it to do over again . I worked in a shop part time for years so it was nearly impossible to not sit in the chair after hours .

dapribek

Reaction score
Here’s mine!

Attachments

• 2611EB7C-B798-431D-BC99-C1CBAFD5FC3E.jpeg
    2611EB7C-B798-431D-BC99-C1CBAFD5FC3E.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 18

DBT

Reaction score
No matter what the forum is, I always love how a "Show me your tattoo" post inevitably turns into an anti-tattoo thread. Get 'em or don't, what's the big deal?
Now a days it’s not a big deal nor should it be . Personal preference . I do like the drum Tat’s shown on here though .

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I didn’t get one for 50 years.
Didn’t really care either way. Seen a few I thought were cool but always said to myself, “I’ve never seen an image I wanted displayed on my body, forever..”
At 50, I went through some tough situations and decided to mark the occasions with a Phoenix tattoo after talking to my niece who had a few and told me that she didn’t regret any of them, even the ones from many years ago that didn’t represent her now.

So I got one, a Phoenix, on my right bicep.

I grew to like it so much I began searching for another image for a second tat.

The only one I saw that still spoke to me, was another Phoenix. After a year of contemplation I got it too, on the other forearm.

Have not only Not regretted them, I’m proud of them.

Sometimes I encounter young people and they have tattoos, and I used to worry they seen an older guy like me and wondered if I looked down on them for their ink.
Now I feel they see me as someone who gets them a little more. And I like that.

Also (though it’s extremely rare) I love that occasional person who seems turned off when they see my inked arms.
It accomplishes, without a word, what I’d like to know anyway, and that is if they think less of me as a guy with a tattoo.
If they do! It’s a win, kind of a barometer of who the judgmental prudes are. So now we can avoid each other and we are both more comfortable.

;)

DBT

Reaction score
Here’s a cover up on my forearm I Tattooed myself of a Koi . Used to be a awful Wizard under it .

Attachments

• 61CF2FFF-7237-4363-80D1-38CEDD476B6A.jpeg
    61CF2FFF-7237-4363-80D1-38CEDD476B6A.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 39

DBT

Reaction score
All this talk of drum tattoo’s have me temped to get a Drop G with money slash’s through it on my neck Travis style .