Show your Vintage Guitars!!

PsychRed

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Holy crap, Psych... I mean.. seriously.. holy crap! That's why none of us can find nice old Marshalls - you have them all!
"-)
Oh man, we haven't even begun to get into the obsessive stuff yet, that's just the tip of the iceberg, here's some more stuff:

'53 Tele:
View attachment 97393
'60 Tele with everything it came with... tags, cord, cloth, keys, reciept of sale, payment booklet etc:
View attachment 97394
'59 345 with double whites:
View attachment 97395View attachment 97396
'51 ES-5... I love T-Bone Walker!
View attachment 97397
A nice '61 SG Les Paul, tags etc.:
View attachment 97398

'57 Deluxe, All original, near mint, original cover:View attachment 97399

'58 Deluxe, Pretty nice, all original as is left Fullerton in '58 right down to the tubes:
View attachment 97400View attachment 97401View attachment 97402

Here's the steel guitar, a Champ, that the '58 Deluxe came with:
View attachment 97403

How 'bout a '59 Vibrolux with the footswitch that's never had the masking tape undone?
View attachment 97404 (Those Strats aren't reissues :)

More amps, the small "recording" stuff:
View attachment 97405

One of my faves, an early '64 Vibroverb:
View attachment 97406

Here's a rare amp, a purple '68 100 watt Plexi... this thing sounds like records:
View attachment 97407

More later... enjoy!

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my '65 Jazzmaster, a "player":

I found it several years ago, painted white, sold on eBay, as a refin, buyer constantly updated me with progress on restoring it, discovered the white paint was over the original sunburst and painstakingly sanded it down. All original but the pickguard is a '65 replacement he bought.. The neck pickup is repaired by Lindy Fralin. No case, but lots of fretwear left and sounds awesome. Nice Brazilian rosewood fretboard. They don't make them like this any more. Oh, I think the volume pot is non-original. Otherwise all original cloth wire insulation. This thing sings! A few years later buyer emailed me for a "happy new year" wish, then mentioned he was thinning the herd and wondered if I was interested in it. Hell yeah! Everyone who has played it sounds good including this frustrated player.

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My '76 Gibson ES-335, I think it was the only year they added the coil-splitter to make the neck pick-up a single.
View attachment 102860

...and this is my early 90's Les Paul Jr. reissue, but the amp here is the best solid state I have ever played. A '74 or '75 Gibson G55 with built in phasing & it's pristine with the cover & footswitch. You can still get them pretty cheap I think - really nice little amp.
View attachment 102861

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Last night I saw a band (White Denim) the guitarist on the left was playing a 335 that looked just like that.. It sounded great..

pan60

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
a old pic of a few of mine.

teenagebrain

Reaction score
Yes,
Most us drummers try playing guitar too...letS just call it,"UNDERSTANDING THE SONG WRITING" ;)
But seriously,i have gotten all kinda crud over the years for touring as a lead guitar player and writing music played on mtv shows and movies...from other guitar players calling me...'THERE DRUMMER"...i love that when your out with the band and they say to a perspective girl/date/lady of the evening...i want you to meet "MY DRUMMER"...ha! i get paid from ascap and im 'HIS DRUMMER" :lol: !!! too funny...so here is the 1960 Les Paul TV special and 1st year MusicMan combo i use...when im not busy being..."THE DRUMMER" !!! :p ...

teenagebrain

Reaction score
Yes,
Most us drummers try playing guitar too...letS just call it,"UNDERSTANDING THE SONG WRITING" ;)
But seriously,i have gotten all kinda crud over the years for touring as a lead guitar player and writing music played on mtv shows and movies...from other guitar players calling me...'THERE DRUMMER"...i love that when your out with the band and they say to a perspective girl/date/lady of the evening...i want you to meet "MY DRUMMER"...ha! i get paid from ascap and im 'HIS DRUMMER" :lol: !!! too funny...so here is the 1960 Les Paul TV special and 1st year MusicMan combo i use...when im not busy being..."THE DRUMMER" !!! :p ...
SORRY...HERE IS THE PICTURE :occasion5:

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Is that a 410 configuration, is it a 150? A guitarist friend of mine has one of those, the tremolo is a phaser. Sounds great. I've got an HD130R head..

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Is that a 410 configuration, is it a 150? A guitarist friend of mine has one of those, the tremolo is a phaser. Sounds great. I've got an HD130R head..
Looks like a single 15".....
Duh! Click on the picture, and look at the impression of the speaker! Still I wonder which circuit it is.. These are interesting amps. The Tremolo on the later models is more of a phaser. The earlier models have a more "Fender-like" tremolo, although they have more variations of the "sine wave" pattern that adjusts the volume on the tremolo. Mine has more range than a Fender Tremolo. It goes from a subtle tremolo to an extreme tremolo to a triplet feel type extreme tremolo sound. My friend's Music man combo has the phaser type tremolo. Here's a great Music man related website:

http://www.musicmanamps.com/

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
Duh! Click on the picture, and look at the impression of the speaker! Still I wonder which circuit it is.. These are interesting amps. The Tremolo on the later models is more of a phaser. The earlier models have a more "Fender-like" tremolo, although they have more variations of the "sine wave" pattern that adjusts the volume on the tremolo. Mine has more range than a Fender Tremolo. It goes from a subtle tremolo to an extreme tremolo to a triplet feel type extreme tremolo sound. My friend's Music man combo has the phaser type tremolo. Here's a great Music man related website:

I often see Music Man amps (heads especially) here in the PHX area CL listings.... I have often wondered how good an amp they are. Not that I need an other amp, but I do wonder.

biggator

DFO Master
Reaction score

I often see Music Man amps (heads especially) here in the PHX area CL listings.... I have often wondered how good an amp they are. Not that I need an other amp, but I do wonder.
In my opinion (and take THAT for what it's worth!) - Music Man amps are very hit or miss. They can range from 'very close to classic Fender' to 'strange hybrid tube/solid-state circuits'. I've heard some really good ones, and some really 'meh' ones.

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've heard the ones with the little preamp driver tube (in addition to the power tubes) are the good ones, I love the sound of mine.. It actually has a more "guitar amp" like sound than Fenders, in my opinion, probably because of the el34s in the power section.
That being said I still love the sound of the 70s Silverface Super reverb we have.. And judging by several of the live acts I've recently seen, it is a very popular amp for great tone in conjunction with a strat.

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last night I saw a band (White Denim) the guitarist on the left was playing a 335 that looked just like that.. It sounded great..
Cool band, I think I have their first record they were giving away for free as a download somewhere on my ipod & have heard some of the newer stuff as well.

It is not that unlike what I played and that 335 always got as nasty as I wanted it with a caveman attack & stayed in tune and turned on a dime for beautiful full clean tones. Was a bit worried whan I bought that I would have a feedback problem sometimes, but I never got any that I didn't want. It's a shame I barely play it anymore -considering selling it actually, but I haven't fully emotionally committed to that decision yet :unsure:

sharky 007

Reaction score
There not all vintage but here's my collection,
left to right
2009 Gibson Explorer
1996 Ibanez PS-10
2008 Gibson Les paul classic
2007 Epiphone Double neck g-1275
1983 Lado Hawk
1973 Gibson Les paul Standered
1980's Kramer custom (custom airbrush)
2010 Fender HHS Strat
2010 Squire Jazz Bass

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm salivating over your '73 standard.. As I understand it the Standard was an option in '73. I have had several 70s Les Pauls back in the day.. Probably my favorite era in terms of playing feel and stock pickups sound on Gibson LP, other than the 30th Anniversary Gold Top I had. That one had original Gibson pickups that nailed the PAF sound.

LPs are somewhat hit or miss in terms of feel though.. I have had ones that needed constant retuning, others that stayed in tune and played incredibly. Probably the best one I had was a 82 Les Paul Custom Black beauty, and it was marked 2nd on the headstock, although I couldn't figure out what the imperfection was and it played better than many "1sts"!