Show your Vintage Guitars!!

Buxom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These pickups are the clearest Strat pickups I've ever played with. They're on par with the Guild's, in terms of clarity, responsiveness, and overall tonal quality. This is my 3rd guitar older than me lol. It's legally allowed to buy alcohol now.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
gwbasley said:
My favorite little 1961 Guild F-20, Paid $100 on CL ad, spent another $100 at the Luthier's shop getting braces reglued and $30 for a used hard case. Total = $230.
What a great deal. Look at the grain on the spruce, it is beautiful.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
More weird - It's What's Happening, VOX! That triangle thingee below the bridge is a Wah Wah. Really. Also has a Repeater, Distortion and an E-tuner. It features "ferrus" pick-ups.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
rhythmace said:
Yamaha SA2000 on the left. It was good for my praise band gig for 2 years. Ace
(298).JPG
That Yamaha is a terrific guitar that was under appreciated for a long time. Try finding one for sale now. You have the bases covered with that array. You're knee deep in tradition with the sunburst strat and a gold top LP. Nice!

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
More weird - It's What's Happening, VOX! That triangle thingee below the bridge is a Wah Wah. Really. Also has a Repeater, Distortion and an E-tuner. It features "ferrus" pick-ups.

That guitar is insane!...I don't think I've seen so many knobs, switches and devices. How does that wah-wah work?... it looks like a palm pedal of sorts.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
gwbasley said:
That guitar is insane!...I don't think I've seen so many knobs, switches and devices. How does that wah-wah work?... it looks like a palm pedal of sorts.
You guessed it, it's normally activated by the palm. The guitar worked well - within its spec anyway - when new. The electronics are 60's, so less reliable than those of today. The action is pretty good and the tone is so-so. It eats batteries like candy. Not a practical guitar for gigging if you want all the gizzmos to function. I have two, the second is for parts. I love odd-ball guitars like that Goya posted earlier. The pickups in that are split so you can choose any combination. It has lots of switches like those found on accordions.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A Swedish weirdo by Hagstrom. The US version was called the Impala but early import were labelled as the Condor as this one. Accordian type switches and the volume is a sweep pot on the pic guard. Neck thru and it plays great.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A 60's Moserite Celebrity. Many people think they see Mickey Mouse when looking at this one. The neck is very smooth and "fast." For the guitar enthusiasts, there is a connection between Moserite and Magnatone.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Twisted fun: 1950's mother-of-toilet-seat double necked Supro:

Buxom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish I wasn't too lazy to get more pics of my Guild up.

LOCOPELAND

Reaction score
I'm two years shy of vintage with this, but it sure is purdy! Just got it last night. '90 Creme White Rickenbacker 4003 Tuxedo bass. Gonna break it in today at band practice. :glasses7: