header.nohb.html

Simon Wright Quit AC/DC Over Lack of Drum Phils

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Peter Criss wrote “Beth” before joining KISS, and I can understand why it chaps Simmons and Stanley that Peter Criss was for the band's biggest hit prior to their 1979 disco smash, “I Was Made for Loving You!”
Someone has to make the decisions or nothing gets done. Paul is the guy in charge of KISS when it comes right down to it. Gene and Paul discuss things, but Paul has final say.

steambent

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless Bon put it all up his nose or wasted it some other way he had to have more money at that time in his career than the writer of the article insinuated.Who ever wrote that had a hard on for the Young’s I think.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

type85

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Criss wrote “Beth” before joining KISS, and I can understand why it chaps Simmons and Stanley that Peter Criss was for the band's biggest hit prior to their 1979 disco smash, “I Was Made for Loving You!”

Actually, Peter can't write!
That songs "basic framework" was written with the help from Peter's friend, the rest was done by Bob Ezrin, lyrics too:

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah? Well I quit ac/dc because there’s not enough odd time signatures or Kenny G jazz solos.
Just wait till Angus lands the hotly anticipated Back in Black On Ice Vegas residency. Plenty of smoove jazz sax solo opportunities!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
That songs "basic framework" was written with the help from Peter's friend, the rest was done by Bob Ezrin, lyrics too:

Yet, Peter

Im sure Paul is proud of “You Put the X in Sex!” Nontheless, The Catman wrote the best Kiss songs — Beth, Hard Luck Woman and Black Diamond!

DaveB

Reaction score
Was he a member or a sideman ?
The sidemen I’ve known got paid ridiculously low …..
I’ve heard of at least one drummer making five figures a week as a side man, I think for a Japanese artist. In a band like ACDC- whom probably even my mum has heard of - its entirely feasible

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yet, Peter

Im sure Paul is proud of “You Put the X in Sex!” Nontheless, The Catman wrote the best Kiss songs — Beth, Hard Luck Woman and Black Diamond!
Nope. Beth is the only one of those that Peter had anything to do with writing, and his input on Beth is subject to debate. I actually like his drumming on that old KISS stuff and dig his voice too, but a songwriter he ain’t.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nope. Beth is the only one of those that Peter had anything to do with writing, and his input on Beth is subject to debate. I actually like his drumming on that old KISS stuff and dig his voice too, but a songwriter he ain’t.
Man, Peter comes off really bad in recent interviews. It's pretty much exactly how Paul and Gene said it was...Peter thinks that on the strength of Beth, he should make as much as Paul and Gene, and he did threaten to walk out many times.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Whoops! Good on that one. The songs Peter Criss sings (and/or writes) remain my favorites (other than Rock and Roll All Night) ...

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
There was only one drummer that ever sounded perfect with AC/DC - Phil Rudd. One of my favorites. Simon is a good drummer and did well with the band. I saw him once with DIO, and that seemed to be a really great gig for him.

MetalDoucheRuddfan1223

Reaction score
Also Malcolm and Angus wanted simon and Chris to basically get the same feel and groove that Phil delivers to the band!

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This proves why Rudd is AC/DC'S Best Drummer still can play and beat the mess out of em
Yep, (insert diety of your choice) bless AC/DC! Gotta love Phil...brings a floor tom for the video shoot and doesn't use it once. I'll bet he's the kind of guy who never records with more than a bass and snare unless he needs it.