Since I switched the drums out . . . New Q for Slingerland know-er-about-ers

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Had my BDP's 13,16,18,22 for a year and recently decided to move them out. Interesting '79/80 "no-matic" kit.... with virgin kick and rack tom. The 3 toms had some cracks/gaps in the wrap though. Attractive and unmolested otherwise. Cracks hide pretty well in BDP though. Got $400 for them. You can't keep them all....though we try at times.

best 1.jpg

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
Your BDP's really nice. They haven't "yellowed" either, which is great. I've even seen some BDP's go "green".

I wonder how the original owner set up his tom with no mounts. Nobody was using a separate snare stand for their toms back then, not unless their tom-mount broke.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This guy obviously was setting up his tom with a snare stand back then. That's a vintage late 70's/early 80's Ludwig Atlas "snare/tom" stand doing the lifting duties. And it adjusts fairly high up. No problems. Everything that came with that kit was vintage 1979-85. There were no single or double tom stands with this kit. Everything points to the then 45 yr old owner using a separate snare stand. The kick and rack tom were never drilled for mounts....and remain that way today.

Yeah, the finish on the BDP's were glossy and supple - very slick looking. Too bad they saw some heat along the way.

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Your BDP's really nice. They haven't "yellowed" either, which is great. I've even seen some BDP's go "green".

I wonder how the original owner set up his tom with no mounts. Nobody was using a separate snare stand for their toms back then, not unless their tom-mount broke.
I think quite a lot of drummers had their toms on snare stands, Ian Paice was one of them, so were Jerry Nolan, Paul Cook and Charlie Watts.
Great looking kits, btw!