Site is Slow & Timeouts

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hi Mods!

Proving what a great forum this is, this is the first time I've ever felt compelled to report something.

Over the last few weeks, the site has slowed down considerably and there are often timeouts. Note that the DFO is the only website I'm have trouble with. It is often haphazard, will work OK for a time, then bog down again. Bad news is it seems to be getting worse.

Sorry to have to report this!

Thanks & Cheers,

Tom

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sporadic slowdown for me as well. Sometimes great, sometimes eternal. Even when other websites load normally so not my software / hardware / router connection.

NOTE: It took 3 tries to get his Reply posted. First timed out.

Twice for this note edit.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Same here for the last couple of weeks, at least. Sign on, and then be prepared to wait, wait, wait. I typically just go to another site (DrummerWorld) where things always work perfectly. By the time I return to DrumForum.org, everything is working the way it should.Seems its time to invite the pointy-headed guys over for some discussion.

GeeDeeEmm

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Works effortlessly.....after 7pm est..
near useless the morning, afternoon, and first part of the day.

may that be a clue to something

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Same here. Tried different computers/mobile devices at they were all frozen at the same time. Been happening frequently.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
The odd part is it clears after 7 pm or evening east coast side.
That's weird

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Welp, I'm sitting hear at a bit past 4pm Pacific (7pm Eastern), and it IS indeed lightning fast again...for now. I can really feel the difference.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying/ seems clears itself/ your 4 my 7 pm/ So maybe the homebase of this platform is overloaded (with "other things" (not dfo members trying to get in) early in the day>
DFO must be low man on this platforms totem pole. Until "the traffic clears..

But I would focus on the 'time-related' angle to the platform provider (whatever its called)

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Right now, I'm not having any issues. But, as noted above, the website can sometimes take forever to load and I usually just give up. This is the only forum that I experience these issues. That tells me it most likely is how it's constructed and possibly even the service and servers being used. Maybe a complete rethink of implementation is in order? All I know is that the service get very frustrating at times!

-Mark

MasterBlaster

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The "company" has a host server that sells space for this board. Sometimes they don't deliver like they should, so the "company" finds another server.

OTOH, servers have "burps" all the time. That's cool as long as those burps don't occur all that often.

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
seems to happen a lot..
Let's all watch to see if it's (more pervasive) in daytime hours versus how it seemed to free up towards the evening

What's -if that's the case- tell you.. They need more capacity (?

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I (and many other according to Chat) had issues this morning. I could open the website, but could timed out using NEW POSTS button.

Also last night about 10:30 Pacific time for the record.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My vote is to find a new hosting company. One that can provide guaranteed responsive servers. Or, if hiccups arrive, provide quick fixes to these issues. And, a company that can get our picture hosting back to 1200x900, not the current 600x450, which is too small to show our drums! If all this means a reasonable down-time during host migration, I have no issues.

-Mark

Alex

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The site speed issue has been taken care of and things should load smoothly now.

Thanks all for your patience. :)