Site not keeping me signed in

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I keep signing into the site and clicking "remember me" but if I leave and come back, I need to sign in again. I am accessing from my iPhone 6 if that matters. Thanks guys!

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The same thing happens to me, too. It is not a timeout issue; it happens as I navigate around the site. I'm on a PC running Windows 7.

**Sorry to hijack**

Dan

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
not sure what that is, can you try different devices and see what happens, I have never had that issue.

Ben

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is now happening every time I log in. I get logged out if I click on a thread or the "view new content" link. This has just started happening in the past few days and I an unaware of any changes to my computer and I have no other issues with any other sites. I have the latest version of Firefox, running Win 7 on a PC. Can you offer any advice?

Dan

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a problem for me staying signed in, but I'm using Chrome and Safari. Maybe try it on a different browser just to see if that makes a difference?

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
As Gary points out def. try another browser and if you can another computer or two.

Ben

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is very strange - it was not keeping me signed in with Safari on my iPhone, so I switched to chrome as recommended, which worked. And now it works inSafari too!

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
CAMDRUMS said:
This is very strange - it was not keeping me signed in with Safari on my iPhone, so I switched to chrome as recommended, which worked. And now it works inSafari too!
. Update - just opened it again and now Safari is again not keeping me signed in

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Ben, do you think this could be some kind of setting in CAMDRUMS' account or in his personal preferences that's causing this? Something to do with cookies being regularly deleted maybe? I'm not really an internet guru, but if it's happening on a phone and a pc, with multiple browsers then I wonder.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Now it's even logging me out as I go into my user preferences(as I searched for cookie settings). Geez.

Dan

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Dan

I just made a change to your account. Log out and then back in and see if this helps.

Mike

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
OK, still not staying logged in. For what it's worth, this is what I have noticed:
1. I log in.
2. Within 1-5 moves around the site, up to and including while I am in the user cp, I get logged out.
3. I log back in and everything seems to be all good.

Dan

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
This is an odd one, but it has to be something with your computer and or device, if it is a software issue, it would do it with all, like when the forum goes down.
What is triggering this, I don't know.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I guess it's a perfect storm of Win 7/this version of Firefox/something else above my pay scale. I have no other issues with this computer and any of the other sites I visit.
I will try Chrome and report back.

EDIT: Same results with Chrome. If anything, the problem is now worse, with getting signed out multiple times. I cannot be sure, but things seem to go more crazy if I try to access PM's or edit a post.

Dan

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Dan

If you'd like, I can access your account with your permission and see what it does on my end. I'd need your password or I can reset it for you. Just send me a pm if you'd like me to do so. Have done this successfully for other members in the past.

Mike

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Mike,
I have a potential workaround. If I check "remember me", I appear to stay signed in as I navigate the site. I never had to check "remember me" before, as I'm in the habit of unchecking it when I use a public computer, but so far, so good. If even THAT begins to fail, I will PM you my password. Thank you for your help!

Dan