"Sixpence None The Richer" Friday Five

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am a sucker for a great pop song. This album has a couple.
Borrowed it from a friend ages ago and was not expecting the maturity of songwriting from beginning to end.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh man!!! I love this group. I spend time behind the kit tapping out Sixpence tunes when I want to just groove. Can't put into words how much I love to just stop and lock into this stuff.

A couple of the Sixpence have done some stuff with The Choir, also. Great writers and musicians. I saw The Choir in Little Rock quite a few years ago and a lonely Sixpence was playing bass for them ... was brutally made fun of during the show. Derri kept saying, "Kiss Me" and other Sixpence comments. Cracked me up. I've got the show on video here. It was the first Choir show I ever took my son to ... spent some time with them after the show and they really impacted my boy. Great times.

Thanks so much for posting 'em.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Cool beans, I had to pass this along to Dale. Maybe he'll stop in and say hi. He 's still playing and instructing. I did some lessons with him a while back.

chappy

Reaction score
Dale was a huge influence on my playing in college. I still love listening to the This Beautiful Mess loudly. The self-titled album still holds up well. I saw the Choir last year as well. I'm a big Lost Dogs fan as well.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dale was a huge influence on my playing in college. I still love listening to the This Beautiful Mess loudly. The self-titled album still holds up well. I saw the Choir last year as well. I'm a big Lost Dogs fan as well.
Lost Dogs!!! My brother sponsored their Nashville show a few years ago. What a group. I spent some time talking shop with Skinny ... and spoke with the others ... but Skinny played the drums, so Terry and the boys couldn't hold my attention as well (an obvious joke) ... what an evening. Dang. It's so cool to share the digital forum house with drummers that dig the Choir and the Lost Dogs and such. What a great forum.

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just me...but I have not song categories other than "I like" and "I dislike". Eliminates all the posturing regarding "Pop" tunes.

It's a song. Either it works or it doesn't.

I should have known of these guys but I didn't.

Now I do.

Thanks!

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I really like this band although I don't really care for a lot of their big hits. Check out the cut "Million Parachutes."

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Dale used to play occasionally at the church we went to, when my son was 1-3. My son loved to watch the band, I'd keep him out of nursery for the singing, sit on the front row with him, he loved it . One day we're getting hair cuts and "Kiss Me" comes on the radio, so I told my son "Mr Dale is playing drums on this song", which he thought was cool. The next song up was Autograph, "Turn Up The Radio" and my son forever thinks that was also "Mr Dale", which I find highly amusing, because it conjures up an image of him standing on his throne flogging the snare drum.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m listening to them right now while I prepare a soup for dinner. Such cool grooves and a wonderfully relaxed feel behind the instrumentation.

Latest posts