SJC Custom Drums - Rust Rod Patina

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
And just like a car, you’ll have depreciation value as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think that SJC pigeon holed itself with tattooed, hipster, Emo drummers much the same way Tama did with Metal drummers in the 80’s.

I pay attention them to a degree because I spent my summers in Southbridge Mass as a youngster and I know the old mill that they moved into well.

I have long though that if SJC was going to survive it would need to reinvent itself, say bring out a line of very sleek big band drums to appeal to the Daniel Glass’s of the world or maybe a Slim Jim Phantom inspired Cocktail kit.

If you are going to dip your toe into the multi thousand dollar drum set market this is not a kit to do it with.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd like to know if the finish is raised/3d (cool) or simply lacquered and smooth (lame). Also, I don't like the color of the 70's tarnished brass hardware.....should have been chrome to give it a pop or a weathered chrome nickel finish.

And yes, WAY many other options for that price point......

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like my drums to look shiny and new, but it takes all kinds. I'm sure that's somebody's dream kit.

Latest posts