SJC Foundation Flatline Hardware

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looking for some hands-on or opinions from the members.
Anyone try these out yet?

They look pretty cool ... nice features.
I like the gearless mechs and the design of the stands joints ... a bit like Tama.
If you've seen 'em, bought 'em, tried 'em, hugged 'em, poked 'em, prodded 'em, dated 'em, kissed 'em, or slapped 'em ... post the exploits here.
Inquiring minds and such ...

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I haven't seen them in person - heck. I wasn't even aware of them until you posted this. I thought at first that these would just be another generic hardware line, but I have to admit I'm intrigued. The only concern that I would have is how heavy they are compared to other double braced hardware. I do like the look.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same here, didn’t know SJC was in the hardware game. I can appreciate the memory locks on all the height/leg spread adjustments. I’m probably the most curious about the double tom stand, in my mind I just can’t see the physics of that working without a tripod.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It looks like there could be no weight savings at all while sacrificing a little bit of stability you would get from a traditional tripod stand. They don't make any sense to me. The whole point of flat base stuff is usually weight savings over tripod stands. These are double braced with 1-3/4" bottom tube which = heavy AF.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It looks like there could be no weight savings at all while sacrificing a little bit of stability you would get from a traditional tripod stand. They don't make any sense to me. The whole point of flat base stuff is usually weight savings over tripod stands. These are double braced with 1-3/4" bottom tube which = heavy AF.
All the calories with none of the flavor.....

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
Easier positioning and better stability than traditional flat base stands seems to be the goal rather than weight savings on the gig.

If those goals are met I wouldn’t mind having a boom and straight cymbal stand.

That said I’d be more inclined to try Yamaha.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm interested in the double tom stand.
On one of my kits, I have Tama flat based hardware all around ... except the double tom stand. It's an old vintage Tama. It looks so out of place. I used to have a 70s Premier flat base double tom stand, but it would also look oddly out of place amidst the flat Tama stuff.
I have been waiting for a cool non-vintage stand to solve this.
This has my interest for sure.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
its interesting..the stands are for the youngin' who want vintage look with animal strength. I realize they must have to offer HH and BD pedals but w/so many offering such good stuff...how do you compete?

Latest posts