SKF Inquiry: WFL III Drums?

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drumland in Vaughan Ontario has a 20/12/14 WFL III kit in a nice honey maple stain if anyone is looking for a WFL III kit . I bet you can get a killer deal on it . It sounds really good too .

Here is the link

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It woud be sad if WFLIII is going under. Having only recenty started up (B3 was 60 just like WFL I when he started over) the pandemic had to have whacked them hard. I will say that I had exellent and immediate replies to email inquiries when I got a first-run maple snare in 2018, some back-and-forth emails with B3 when I shared a letter from the Chief to me back from 1968, then more good replies in 2020 when I ordered a BOP wrap snare with the upgraded deco lugs. And an email from B3 saying I should not replace the lugs on the first-run signed snare but leave as is as collectible. My only guess if recent replies have not shown up is they are in distress business-wise. It is a small shop. Still, as of last night, you could order on their website so not sure what's up. I think I'd like a second opinion other than the one cited above. But it would be a shame, because it's great product and heck, there's something about the possibiity of the last WFL family member leaving the industry that just marks a real end of an era, if true.
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_5492.JPG
IMG_5493.jpg
IMG_4928.jpg

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago that Bill III did an interview / product spotlight with Sweetwater, correct? I'd still like to get a snare, but not until I can communicate with someone from the company directly.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All kidding aside.......Get those WFL III drums now because my insider, who I won't say who it is, but his name rhymes with Parmine Appice, said to me that they are going out of buisness as of NOW.
Why would Carmine be privy to that info ??

KingLudwig

Reaction score

LRod1707

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning - Writing a new blog post this morning I discovered William F. Ludwig III has his own drum line. I didn't know that.

I'd appreciate feedback from any DrumForum.org members who own or who have had experience with WFL III drums.

Thank you.

Scott K Fish
Late to your thread. I missed it!
I've got a maple 8x14 snare that I bought new from them a little over a year ago.
Super quality drums!
Here's a lengthy thread that I created last year. On the last page you can see my snare. You should be able to get plenty of info by reading through the thread: