Slight Drum Stick Rant; Customer and Quality

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've reached out to a lot of people on this and never had any luck. The closest I got was with Jeff Rich, but I haven't heard back from him since April.

Do you know anyone/company that does it?
Nope! I just made the suggestion based on the fact that he mentioned he has to modify his own off the shelf sticks. I know there are companies that do it but don't know any of them. I've never even considered getting custom made sticks for myself since I'm OK with what's available in stores. I'm sure someone here has Custom made sticks made and should be able to chime in on that.

jaymandude

Reaction score
I've reached out to a lot of people on this and never had any luck. The closest I got was with Jeff Rich, but I haven't heard back from him since April.

Do you know anyone/company that does it?
Maybe the guy in Louisana ? LA Backbeat I think ?

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Maybe the guy in Louisana ? LA Backbeat I think ?
I actually reached out to Frank over there a few months ago abut he told me that they don't do it at that point in time. I'll give him another shout though to see if anything's changed. Thanks for reminding me about them!

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
I like to be sure they're similar in weight and they're straight. That's a nice thing to be able to do if you're in a brick-and-mortar store. Furthermore, if you have a store and you appreciate your customers' business, it seems that you'd want to play up those advantages of customers being able to observe the product closely before buying. That seems like an advantage over online shopping, which would be something to be happy about, instead of whining about. That's just my take on it though!

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dude, I've been trying to reach regal for the Alex can halen sticks and their handbourine for over 2 years with no luck. Do you have them by any chance???
We carried the Alex Van Halen sticks for many years, but then the one customer who would buy them switched to a different stick and we phased them out.
Stretch

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Today's drummer has too much information and is over-educated. When I was a young drummer, no one cared about how many plys, bearing edges, gram weights, timbre matching, type of wood, etc. As far as sticks go, if they would roll straight and felt the same weight, that's all that mattered. Didn't care about pitch-matching, grain, wood type, forward or back balance, etc. I'd buy Billy Cobham 808s in the late 1970s by the box. What I got is what I used.

Soulfinger

Reaction score
Today's drummer has too much information and is over-educated. When I was a young drummer, no one cared about how many plys, bearing edges, gram weights, timbre matching, type of wood, etc. As far as sticks go, if they would roll straight and felt the same weight, that's all that mattered. Didn't care about pitch-matching, grain, wood type, forward or back balance, etc. I'd buy Billy Cobham 808s in the late 1970s by the box. What I got is what I used.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thought this would be a good thread to post this. Since I'm on a mission seeking Regal Tip's, I decided to stop by a Guitar Center on the way home today. I always pass it but never thought to stop in there and check. I remembered that they had them a couple years ago and figured they might have some leftovers. They didn't!
But what I wanted to post is that I quickly remembered why I can't stand Guitar Center. They had a very nice older man greeting at the door. Other than him, their were 2 employees in there and neither one cared to help. I asked and neither one would look up to my eyes. They had the least care in the world that a customer was in the store and had zero enthusiasm to help and actually serve a customer. Sad!
Over the years I've spent money there but this is the last time I will ever shop at GC. I'd rather pay more elsewhere!!