Slingerland 1970’s 3 Ply Artist or Hollywood Ace snare in Tangerine Satin Flame

FitDrummer

Reaction score
Hi!
I’m seeking an early 70’s Slingerland Artist or Hollywood Ace snare drum
in Tangerine Satin Flame.

I know it’s a rare find, but it would match my kit.

Thanks!

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Definitely rare! I might have a picture of one on my computer. I'm not home right now, but if I have one I'll post it so others will know what your looking for!

-Mark

FitDrummer

Reaction score
Definitely rare! I might have a picture of one on my computer. I'm not home right now, but if I have one I'll post it so others will know what your looking for!

-Mark
Thanks Mark! Really appreciate your efforts! If I can’t find one, I’ll definitely snag a 70’s COB Krupa instead.

Andy

FitDrummer

Reaction score
I'd like to see the kit! I have a 70's 5x14 COB snare if you go that direction....PM me.
Thanks! Love those snares, and if no luck with a matching finish, yes I may choose that option.

Here’s the kit! 20, 12, 13, 16. New gigging kit! Actually, now my only kit as I wanted a 20” bass drum.

Attachments

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Love those snares, and if no luck with a matching finish, yes I may choose that option.

Here’s the kit! 20, 12, 13, 16. New gigging kit! Actually, now my only kit as I wanted a 20” bass drum.
That’s super cool! I have the same setup in silver sparkle, and even with that relatively common finish I had a hard time tracking down a Hollywood Ace until just recently.

FitDrummer

Reaction score
That’s super cool! I have the same setup in silver sparkle, and even with that relatively common finish I had a hard time tracking down a Hollywood Ace until just recently.
Nice! Thanks!

Yeah, if I can find one great, but if not, no biggie. Cosmetically, of course the entire kit would match up.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Mark! Really appreciate your efforts! If I can’t find one, I’ll definitely snag a 70’s COB Krupa instead.

Andy
Just look through all my Slingerland pictures and could only find 3 sets in Tangerine Satin Flame...but none with a matching snare drum! Also, let's remember that while wood-shell snare drums were offered by the major US manufacturers, the vast majority of "rock" drummers needed more volume offered by metal-shell snare drums. Slingerland's COB Sound King was the standard snare drum offered with almost all their cataloged kits.

What are the serial numbers of your badges?

-Mark

Last edited:

jmetatual

Reaction score
Thanks Mark. I know the OP is looking for an early seventies version, this one is most likely a '68. Very cool.

FitDrummer

Reaction score
Just look through all my Slingerland pictures and could only find 3 sets in Tangerine Satin Flame...but none with a matching snare drum! Also, let's remember that while wood-shell snare drums were offered by the major US manufacturers, the vast majority of "rock" drummers needed more volume offered by metal-shell snare drums. Slingerland's COB Sound King was the standard snare drum offered with almost all their cataloged kits.

What are the serial numbers of your badges?

-Mark
Yes! Good point!

Just gigged it tonight! Early 70’s Black and Silver Niles badges Serials are:
Floor tom serial number is scratched off

Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

jmetatual

Reaction score
Yes! Good point!

Just gigged it tonight! Early 70’s Black and Silver Niles badges Serials are:
Floor tom serial number is scratched off

Andy
'71 - '72 expected for those serials. Clear or 'beige stain' interiors on the drums?

FitDrummer

Reaction score
'71 - '72 expected for those serials. Clear or 'beige stain' interiors on the drums?
Yes! My local drum shop owner mentioned that exact era. The shells do have more of a beige stain I would say.

FitDrummer

Reaction score