Slingerland Badges.

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
As I wrote yesterday on Duel 12 "toms a 2R kit. The owner sent me some more pics last night with measurements. All the toms have badges so to earlier discussion here Slings did not put badges on drums till 66 I belive. Any thoughts on this. Thank in advance.
s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s2.jpg

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hope you're getting those for cheeeeeep, 'cause you have a lot of restoration work to go, along with some expense. They will look beautiful when they are restored, of course, and I personally enjoy the restoration process.

I'm curious as to what kind of tom holder is being used on the bass drum. Can you give us a pic of the tom system? Also, was anything else included in the sale? Does the seller have the missing hoops and t-rods, for instance?

Have fun.

GeeDeeEmm

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
It has the early tom holder from the 60`s Slip on type. #171 p/n. I have some parts and heads here. I have a Sling 12" here that I bought for cheap just for parts. I have to buy 2 bass heads and 1 bass hoop. I might even up date the tom holder to a 70`s if I do not have to drill and if it has the same bolt pattern? The seller wants to get rid of it and I am only going play for a few more yeas. = late 60`s now. Should be fun project.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
The later tom holder (set-o-matic) used a different base plate with a different bolt pattern. You might be able to use a SOM holder from a floor stand with that base plate if the diameter is the same (it likely is).

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
Will know when I pick them up. Inside Dating if any.
The later tom holder (set-o-matic) used a different base plate with a different bolt pattern. You might be able to use a SOM holder from a floor stand with that base plate if the diameter is the same (it likely is).
Thanks one could only hope. It is like this now. I can improve this while keepin original to a point
s3.jpg

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
You could find a Ludwig standard double tom mount and then replace the two "L" arms on it with two spades. That would work with your bracket on the bass and require no drilling.

one of these

holding 2 of these

holding your two toms, wood spacer optional.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
My march 1966 with 2 12" toms has the same bolt circle as a S-O-M. Changed it S-O-M myself .
I've done that too, I was using it with a single Set-o-matic arm so I had to drill a new hole on the tom for the arm to pass through but I guess that wouldn't be required with a double with its stubs. I think the poster is primarily talking about the plate of the bass drum which has a different bolt pattern from the SOM base. A double SOM top tube from a floor stand (without the D notch in it) should fit that base but, if you don't mind mixing some brands, the Standard idea above would probably be cheaper overall and also much more flexible as to tom placement (the double SOM is less than ideal in that regard).

Last edited:

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I will give it some thought. Just trying keep the $$ down so when I try and sell it in a few years it will be an easy sell. Only Gigging a few more years every one the band is almost 70 and we are enjoy it now. Enjoy the weekend.

Latest posts