Slingerland Bebop set for sale with 16x13 bass drum

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They are addictive.
It took me a long time to do this project. I should keep them. But...

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Damnit ! These drums are what inspired me to build a set of Slingerland bop drums using a 12x16 tenor converted to a bass drum . I would have picked these up had I not already gotten everything for my set and started work on them . Great drums and great playing too btw !

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Damnit ! These drums are what inspired me to build a set of Slingerland bop drums using a 12x16 tenor converted to a bass drum . I would have picked these up had I not already gotten everything for my set and started work on them . Great drums and great playing too btw !
Thanks

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I answered a few private messages from two members but haven't heard back from you.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I answered a few private messages from two members but haven't heard back from you.
Ha! (I never contacted you) I just keep getting drawn back in your for sale post and look at pics. Too many drums in the stable as it is, with one kit for sale. Glws.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh I see.
I have 4 kits myself.

One big mapex rock kit
One micro bop kit for teaching
Gretsch round badge be bop
Slingerland im selling

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just in case you havent seen this. Still for sale.
New video coming today or this week.

Soft cases for 16x14x12 included.

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of the most eye popping kits I've seen. If I walked into a club and saw these on stage during the break I'd have to stay for the next set just to hear em. I don't care what my girlfriend was whispering in my ear. Some one grab these.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
One of the most eye popping kits I've seen. If I walked into a club and saw these on stage during the break I'd have to stay for the next set just to hear em. I don't care what my girlfriend was whispering in my ear. Some one grab these.
Yes. They are beautiful and hip in person and really fun to look at.

They also sound pretty.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well.
The drum gods must be telling me to keep these.
I inquired about putting them on the floor at Maxwell's NYC store but I only get 75% of the sale price.
So if I put them there for $1200 I would come home with $900.

So many nice low priced bop kits on this forum right now.

I dont stand a chance.
I could do $1200 plus shipping with bags for everything.

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You should try putting it there at Maxwell and have him sell them for like $1500. I’ve taken stuff to Nelson’s Drum Shop and people have bought drums from them for several hundred dollars more (plus paid tax) when I have the same kit still listed on Reverb or Craigslist for less. I think there’s some people who just see it in person at a store and are more tempted to buy it

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think it comes down to the old Slingerland curse.
They just don’t bring the money that other vintage American drums bring!
Plus they’re rewrapped, which is a red flag to a lot of players.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You should try putting it there at Maxwell and have him sell them for like $1500. I’ve taken stuff to Nelson’s Drum Shop and people have bought drums from them for several hundred dollars more (plus paid tax) when I have the same kit still listed on Reverb or Craigslist for less. I think there’s some people who just see it in person at a store and are more tempted to buy it
This is my thinking as well.
When a jazz drummer sees these in person, then PLAYS them....it will make a big difference.
Ive been to maxwells and played on lots of drums .

my Slingerland would hold their own with anything in the store.

Pedro. I don't know what a Red Flag means....maybe there is something wrong with them or do you mean collectors who want original stuff?

Another friend said keep them in my teaching studio and kids get to play on a real vintage and great kit...versus the junky mini kit I have there now.

Reactions: JDA

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Collectors who want real stuff and others.
Personally I think they are great drums, that I’m sure sound fantastic! I had an original 1966 pink sparkle 20, 12, 14 with matching six lug snare that took me forever to sell, I think I ended getting $750 for them.
They are the drums in my avatar.