Slingerland Bebop set for sale with 16x13 bass drum

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wish I’d seen those pink sparkles Pedro...that’s one of my favorite finishes along with purple sparkle and pink oyster (which I finally tracked down)

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is my thinking as well.
When a jazz drummer sees these in person, then PLAYS them....it will make a big difference.
Ive been to maxwells and played on lots of drums .

my Slingerland would hold their own with anything in the store.

Pedro. I don't know what a Red Flag means....maybe there is something wrong with them or do you mean collectors who want original stuff?

Another friend said keep them in my teaching studio and kids get to play on a real vintage and great kit...versus the junky mini kit I have there now.
Where are you located? I didn’t see location so sorry if I missed it.

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wish I’d seen those pink sparkles Pedro...that’s one of my favorite finishes along with purple sparkle and pink oyster (which I finally tracked down)

Yeah, needed cash so took what I could get!
Sad thing is the kid that bought them stripped off the wrap and had them wrapped in a different color, then sold them for a lot less then what I sold them to him for!
I asked him when I sold them if he didn’t like them or wanted to sell them to please give me an opportunity to buy them back, he said he would.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I agree - have Maxwell throw them up for well above your asking to cover his fees and I am sure he will have someone over who will probably buy them. Worst case, he doesn't and you keep trying on your own........

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Someone buy these so Tom can start regretting the sale before the start of the next school year.
Come on DFO members
I only have 9 weeks to sell these.
You are forcing me to make a really cool video file of these.
You daring me?
Ok. Ill do it.
Im serious

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is such a steal...
I think it is a steal for what is basically a brand new one of a kind bebop/piano trio kit. It sounds amazing in an auditorium and equally great in nightclub.
The wrap is flawless.
Ill be making a video this week and posting it here

Last edited:

Tracktuary

Reaction score
The Slingerlands on this whole Chad L-B series have generated some serious curiosity from me:

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
$1200 plus actual shipping

They now come with bags for each drum. Tuxedo or Galaxy bags.
Also extra heads.
Vintage Slingerland drum key as well that cost me $45.

Im going to put them on Reverb for $1300 plus shipping.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The $1200 plus actual shipping from upstate New York price is firm. With all due respect and kindness I will not consider or entertain any lower offers.

It cost $950 for the bass drum conversion and rewrap. Plus add the cost of the drums and a brand new Maxwells railmount and the soft cases AND you get an extra set of heads.

Do the math and you can see how low this price is.

Thanks folks.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If they don't sell Ill just keep them and when I get fickle/moody with my gretsch Ill gig the Slingerlands.

Im leaning towards that to tell you truth.

Latest posts