Slingerland Capri Wrap...i know i know...

Jake Marshall

Reaction score
Hey friends,
So i’m looking to re-wrap some 3 ply slingerland shells in Capri...i know, this is a difficult wrap to create. I’m wondering if anybody has found somebody to make this wrap or something close to it? Since i’m not trying to pass this off as an original or match an existing vintage drum, i’d completely fine with a “ball park” capri wrap. I’m prepared for the expense. I’m wondering if anybody around here had this wrap custom made by anybody.

The shells are 12x8 14x12 and 16x14 kick.

Thanks for your input,
Jake

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I wanted a Rogers Mardi Gras snare. I had a bad shell and was honing my refinishing skills, so I decided to replicate this rare finish only on a snare. Here is a before, an after, and the real deal (tom).....I think it turned out well.

The point is that you can try to do it on your own, but it's time consuming and tricky. Refinish the drum, black, then sparkle, then colors, then finish. For yours, it would be refinish, black, then either white or gold, then the other, then refinish.

Or, contact Walopus wraps (a DFO member) and see if he can recreate a wrap for you that will be close - he also has done Mardi Gras but this was a project for me and I wanted a lacquered finish, not a wrap.

I'd say I'd try it for you, but I'm an amateur drum guy and I have other projects lined up.........but I do have a few ideas about how to do it and would be glad to share......

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
HEY-so I'm taking a slightly different approach for a project I'm doing...I'm trying to add some gold sparkle to a bass drum I'm staining...not sure it'll work...but maybe a solid color would work too (I have WMP W/A shells that have aged yellow and...have gold sparkle over them.

Jake Marshall

Reaction score
I wanted a Rogers Mardi Gras snare. I had a bad shell and was honing my refinishing skills, so I decided to replicate this rare finish only on a snare. Here is a before, an after, and the real deal (tom).....I think it turned out well.

The point is that you can try to do it on your own, but it's time consuming and tricky. Refinish the drum, black, then sparkle, then colors, then finish. For yours, it would be refinish, black, then either white or gold, then the other, then refinish.

Or, contact Walopus wraps (a DFO member) and see if he can recreate a wrap for you that will be close - he also has done Mardi Gras but this was a project for me and I wanted a lacquered finish, not a wrap.

I'd say I'd try it for you, but I'm an amateur drum guy and I have other projects lined up.........but I do have a few ideas about how to do it and would be glad to share......

View attachment 393820

View attachment 393821
View attachment 393822

View attachment 393823
WOW! Awesome approach! Famtastic!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey friends,
So i’m looking to re-wrap some 3 ply slingerland shells in Capri...i know, this is a difficult wrap to create. I’m wondering if anybody has found somebody to make this wrap or something close to it? Since i’m not trying to pass this off as an original or match an existing vintage drum, i’d completely fine with a “ball park” capri wrap. I’m prepared for the expense. I’m wondering if anybody around here had this wrap custom made by anybody.

The shells are 12x8 14x12 and 16x14 kick.

Thanks for your input,
Jake
Precision Drum offered this custom wrap for a short time. Contact them to see if they might have any extra in stock. You never know!

-Mark

loach71

Reaction score

View attachment 393820

View attachment 393821
View attachment 393822

View attachment 393823
I love Mardi Gras wrap -- t brings back old and good memories of NOLA for me.

Latest posts