Slingerland Deep Dish Snare

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Picked up this the other day. 14x7 Has the original heads and some type of school sticker on the side. This one sounds really fat, love it.

Two questions: any idea how to remove that ticket safely without taking off the mahogany finish?
Any idea what these are going for these days?

Attachments

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You've got the Student Model Snare Drum. Catalog No. 157 was the 7x14 in either lacquer or mahogany finish. These sold for around $50 in the early and mid-60's. As for as today's value, it's hard to say. I don't see any to allow me to note a sales price pattern. Realistically, I would think it might be valued at around $100.

As to that sticker, I would use a heat gun on low setting and run it back on forth along the sticker to soften it up. It should come off easily.

-Mark

SlingyFan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love these student models, they sound awesome! The 7x14 is much less common. $200-$300ish.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love these student models, they sound awesome! The 7x14 is much less common. $200-$300ish.
You might be right on your price. Still, even though less common, it is still a "student" model, commanding less $$. Throw some COB Rimshot hoops on it and it becomes the Hollywood Ace, which is certainly worth around $250+ in a Mahogany finish.

-Mark

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Great find!
That'll clean up nicely using a mahogany stain pencil from hrdwre store and a quality furniture polish like that "old English" style treatment (NOT Pledge, too waxy)

I'd leave those original hoops on and play as-is. Old growth mahogany drums from this period are full, fat & warm as you noted! I'd place the value of yours at $175-200 easily.

Here's mine....

SlingDucoConcert 004.jpg

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like maybe a water-based adhesive on that sticker. Try a good sponging first. If not then the hair dryer is the way to go.

Latest posts