Slingerland Drum Company

Mayan

Reaction score
I emailed DW to ask the same question a few months ago. I got an automated response saying I’d gear back in a day or two. Didn’t happen.

Bongo Jesus

Reaction score
I'd bet **cough*hint* they will start with an early Niles era template for the Radioking snare released first for 2022 Slingerland relaunch. Full kits to follow in years to come.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I have not worked in a year, it has been less painful for me than it would have been if they released several amazing models that I could not afford.

That being said, I will have my money in hand when they release a new Radio King.

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They're starting off with 50 complete Neil Peart circa 1978 replica sets in Blakrome with an MSRP of $29,900 and 50 complete Buddy Rich replica sets in white marine pearl with an MSRP of $5,000. Both setups include all hardware and pedals, but no cymbals.

mandrum

Reaction score
They're starting off with 50 complete Neil Peart circa 1978 replica sets in Blakrome with an MSRP of $29,900 and 50 complete Buddy Rich replica sets in white marine pearl with an MSRP of $5,000. Both setups include all hardware and pedals, but no cymbals.
If so, what a joke.

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I read the above post about the $30,000 Peart drum sets and I immediately thought it was a joke.

But probably not. There are most likely enough Peart fan-boy doctor/lawyer/dentists out there with more money than sense.

I think it is interesting (and a bit morbid) that DW seems to want to market products with a dead musician connection... PEART, BUDDY, ZAPPA.

Last edited:

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have no inside info, but it probably makes sense to wait until both the job AND the gig market returns, especially if they're going to go with higher-profile stuff.
IMO DW are untouchable, marketing-wise, so if they're laying low, it's for a good reason.

Dan

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They can charge whatever they want because there are a lot of hobbyists with deep pockets that would'nt blink dropping huge money on this stuff. They get to "brag" at the office, makes them feel like real drummers:headbang:

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that there might be a product announcement tomorrow...

April 1st.

All kidding aside I'm really excited about Slingerland being in DW's hands, and I'm not a doctor or a lawyer. I feel confident that they will do it right. And yes, I don't expect them to be a budget brand. They will likely cost the same as DWs. I'm okay with that.

Currently I own two sets of vintage Slingerlands, a Gretsch USA Custom shell bank, and a DW Collector's Series kit. I'm their target audience.

Last edited:

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hope they do better than the Rogers re-launch. Those have few options and they are expensive!
Definitely way overpriced for something outsourced... Can only hope more money goes to the workers, NOT Reliance HQ.

JohnnyVibesAZ

Reaction score
Yeah, I read the above post about the $30,000 Peart drum sets and I immediately thought it was a joke.

But probably not. There are most likely enough Peart fan-boy doctor/lawyer/dentists out there with more money than sense.

I think it is interesting (and a bit morbid) that DW seems to want to market products with a dead musician connection... PEART, BUDDY, ZAPPA.
Absolutely right. It would be nice if they could line up some endorsers who are still LIVING!

Mayan

Reaction score
I hope they don’t mess with Bernie Stone or Chicago Drum Co., legally I mean. And so I just googled stone custom, and there is definitely something going on, as the site is just a wordpress blog now. Chicago drum co’s site looks normal.