Slingerland Drum Company

Mark Hipolito

Reaction score
By the time DW moves on the Slingerland brand, anyone who has brand recognition will have moved on and purchased new gear from another manufacturer. By then they will have lost any advantage they have with this iconic brand. I hope I am mistaken, but if I am any example of their fan base and target market it will be too late for most of us who care. Keep the rhythm going!

audiochurch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Odd. I just tuned and configured my 22” wmp slingerland bass drum for future gigs. I haven’t had any in almost a year. I keep saying I need to replace this bd as it has been through years of use, but it just keeps kicking.

I hope that DW makes their line of Slingerlands as durable as my 70’s used bass drum that I have used since 1996.

Last edited:

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Still waiting. Hello? Hello?
If it's really that important to you, why not contact DW directly?
If you do, they'll probably tell you that, like every other musical instrument company, they're having a difficult time getting the product they need just to keep the lines they already have going and any plans to expand have been put on the back burner for now.

JohnnyVibesAZ

Reaction score
If you do, they'll probably tell you that, like every other musical instrument company, they're having a difficult time getting the product they need just to keep the lines they already have going and any plans to expand have been put on the back burner for now.
I guess I'm just a sentimental Slingy guy, and don't want DW to sit on the brand like Gibson did. It's been two years since they aquired it, and not a peep from them. Wish Chicago Drum Co. could have had the capital to buy it.

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Then why didn't you just go ask Gibson, before they sold the label to DW?