Slingerland help please

Black Label

Reaction score
Thank
Woozer! Congrats on a GREAT addition to the family! That is indeed a single ply of maple with steam bent maple rings... what a drum!!! Way to go!

Thanks so much man. I put it back together again and it looks stunning. Just a wipe down, no polish or anything. It even has all the brass washers on the tension rods! Only things missing is the knob on the tensioner and this little thingy in the picture (the one on there is from another old Slingerland brass snare that I had laying around and which someone in their infinite wisdom, painted black!).
Pic 13.jpg
Pic 14.jpg

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
the sound should be radically different..
Does the rimshot sound like hitting a woodblock? :D...

I kid but one time I read solid shell snare (or solid shell (drum, tom) in general) sounded like Wood Blocks.

I've yet to to play a 1 ply solid so I wonder how true that is..(I've been in a room with one but never test drove)
by playing that you would have to know it's not a ply drum I think (? yes no?

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great score, I have a 40s radio king and a early 60s radio king / artist model solid shell, I think the main important thing with these is how good the bearing edges are, are yours ok? I did 'unfortunately' have to have the edges trued up on my 60s drum, it does sound amazing.

Black Label

Reaction score
Great score, I have a 40s radio king and a early 60s radio king / artist model solid shell, I think the main important thing with these is how good the bearing edges are, are yours ok? I did 'unfortunately' have to have the edges trued up on my 60s drum, it does sound amazing.
Hi there - yes mine's bearing edges are beautifully smooth and round. I just need to sort the butt plate out so that I can attach the snares. It misses one of the little screws needed to attach the snare wires. Tomorrow the hunt will begin.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would go nicely with my bop kit. Mine is a 6 lug snare, and I’ve been looking for an 8.
If you’d like to quadruple your money, please sell it to me. OK, round it off to $300. Ha
Please keep me in mind in the future.
Enjoy
If in the future if you get tired of the blue ripple, but still want a 60’s Slingerland, please consider a trade plus additional money.
A long shot, I realize, but why not try.
Thnx

Attachments

Black Label

Reaction score
If in the future if you get tired of the blue ripple, but still want a 60’s Slingerland, please consider a trade plus additional money.
A long shot, I realize, but why not try.
Thnx
Hi there - I will certainly keep that in mind, but the only issue is that I live in South Africa and shipping to and from here can be prohibitively expensive. Should I ever decide to get rid of this snare, I will certainly get in touch. Keep safe.

Cheers
Erik

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there - I will certainly keep that in mind, but the only issue is that I live in South Africa and shipping to and from here can be prohibitively expensive. Should I ever decide to get rid of this snare, I will certainly get in touch. Keep safe.

Cheers
Erik
Thanks Erik
It’s a beautiful drum.
Enjoy it