Slingerland kick

varatrodder

Reaction score
You can check out the badge timeline and serial numbers here:

Badges

Numbers

jmetatual

Reaction score
Depends on your intentions. Some non original parts and perhaps some extra holes.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are repro T-rods and claws out there that are pretty 'close' to the right look. Be careful of those.

The last pair of Slngerland 60's bass drums I had came with a mix of unoriginal parts and extra holes......I had to beg to get anything for them. I finally just flipped them to a friend for $60 each. What I should have done was just keep them for parts....eventually you will probably have a need for those parts if you intend to buy more Slingerlands. But $180 seems strong unless it has no issues and all the correct parts. Still, you could probably part it all out for about what you paid if it came down to that.

DRC79

Reaction score
There are repro T-rods and claws out there that are pretty 'close' to the right look. Be careful of those.

The last pair of Slngerland 60's bass drums I had came with a mix of unoriginal parts and extra holes......I had to beg to get anything for them. I finally just flipped them to a friend for $60 each. What I should have done was just keep them for parts....eventually you will probably have a need for those parts if you intend to buy more Slingerlands. But $180 seems strong unless it has no issues and all the correct parts. Still, you could probably part it all out for about what you paid if it came down to that.

Depends on your intentions. Some non original parts and perhaps some extra holes.
Building a frankinslingy as cheap as possible. I can’t seem to find cheap Slingerland drums like everyone has been talking about.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
All three of the orphaned Slingerlands I've bought recently ALL had a date stamp inside. Have you looked?

That's a nice looking drum. Would have matched the 13x9 I bought.

$180 with all of the hardware, I think it's worth that much. Even if some of it's non-original. People will charge a lot extra JUST BECAUSE something is vintage. Regardless of it's condition.

DRC79

Reaction score
All three of the orphaned Slingerlands I've bought recently ALL had a date stamp inside. Have you looked?

That's a nice looking drum. Would have matched the 13x9 I bought.

$180 with all of the hardware, I think it's worth that much. Even if some of it's non-original. People will charge a lot extra JUST BECAUSE something is vintage. Regardless of it's condition.
Haven’t looked. Have yet to get the drum. Guess I’m taking a chance. He said he bought it at coalition drum shop in Wisconsin which is where I’m from. Said he paid a lot more than that for it.45$ shipping was the bad part.

DRC79

Reaction score
Haven’t looked. Have yet to get the drum. Guess I’m taking a chance. He said he bought it at coalition drum shop in Wisconsin which is where I’m from. Said he paid a lot more than that for it.45$ shipping was the bad part.
So with shipping it was 179.35

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For a bass drum, I just don't think that's bad. Hopefully the condition reflects that in a good way.