Slingerland marching snare

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Slingerland marching snare? Found on my local craigslist, going to check it out this weekend. I really like the colors, and the badge looks like 60's to me. I was thinking that it could be an interesting alternate snare. $125 which seems to be a really fair price to me.

1565273181103.png
1565273209312.png
IMG_0777.jpeg

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Could I see more shots of the strainer and butt.
It should sound great and not be too heavy.
The strainer is worth some money...I suspect the hoops too..

If you get it and get bored of it...I march w/an Italian band (we do feasts etc)...that'd be a great snare for it (the colors).

As for an alternative snare...maybe hang it from a RIMS mount or ISS so you don't have to drill. I prefer small alt snares myself but...you might have a good application for it.

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
If you want it, I can send some more pics/take a video of playing it and if you're interested I could buy it and sell it to you at cost + shipping. If you're in Mass, it might not be bad- I'm up in Vermont.

I've already got a converted Ludwig marching snare that I use as a floor tom, and I'm in the process of putting snares back on it. Another vintage marching snare, although cool, probably isn't what I need at the moment!

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I can't afford it but I'll send a picture to the band leader (who is a drummer, but not a gear hound).
and here's a strange request...how much does it weigh?...14 or 15"?

dtk

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What you have is the "Parade King" marching snare drum. It came in quite a few sizes; 10x14, 10x15, 12x15 and 12x16. Zoomatic strainer with wide drop gate and 2-1/4" butt. The shell is 3-ply with solid maple reinforcing hoops. COB Rim-Shot hoops (Stick Savers). Using the single separate tension snare lug allowed for lower cost. Hope this helps!

-Mark

kdgrissom

Reaction score
"Make them an offer they can't refuse"
"It's not personal, it's business"

"Take the drum, leave the Cannoli" (?)

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some of these go pretty cheap on FaceBook. Saw a very nice Slingerland sparkled finish this past week for $50-$75. And the big marchers can be turned into nice 14 inch toms too. That "lifesaver" finish is pretty neat though.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Good chance those are COB hoops ... the correct long T-bolts are getting harder and harder to find as is the Zoomatic .

125$ is better than decent if the drum is in fact as complete and unmolested as it appears .

Drums like this are, unforunately, stored for years under high tension, but even if its out of round you can rotate the r-ring to bring it back .

Latest posts