header.nohb.html

Slingerland Modern Combo White Tiger Pearl

ryanjames

Reaction score
This kit was for sale a few months ago through Nelson Drum Co. in Nashville. I am trying to track down the person who bought it to make an offer! It’s the most beautiful kit I’ve ever seen and sounds absolutely perfect for the music I’m making these days.

I also love the curved tom arm. Anyone know what that is called?

If anyone knows where I can find this kit, please please please let me know. Kind of obsessed about it haha.
C2CD5841-BB14-41F9-B9D9-1D7DE099F375.jpeg

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Did you ask that Nelson forward you contact information to the seller?

I don't know if Slingerland offered a curled double set-o-matic mount. My guess is that someone altered the shaft to get the toms closer to the drummer. Never seen one like that before.

Last edited:

ryanjames

Reaction score
Did you ask that Nelson forward you contact information to the seller?

I don't know if Slingerland offered a curled double set-o-matic mount. My guess is that someone altered the shaft to get the toms closer to the drummer.
I did ask on Instagram but they said they didn’t remember who bought it. I am going to call tomorrow to see if I can get more info.
Re: the tom arm, that would make sense. I saw multiple kits at Nelson with this tom arm so I didn’t know if it was offered as a separate accessory from Slingerland.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Is that the 18" 10/13/16 combo set
I've seen a couple on Ebay- reverb the past week One is Blue Agate

ryanjames

Reaction score
Is that the 18" 10/13/16 combo set
I've seen a couple on Ebay- reverb the past week One is Blue Agate
Yeah I saw that one on Reverb. I really am sold on this White Tiger Pearl wrap.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
the 10 as an accessory; that's how I do it.
You don't like the blue (above link)

s-l1600.jpg

"gotta be the Tiger" huh : )

ryanjames

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, this k
the 10 as an accessory; that's how I do it.
You don't like the blue (above link)

s-l1600.jpg

"gotta be the Tiger" huh : )
It has got to be the tiger! Dont get me wrong. This kit is so cool. I may end up buying it if I for sure cannot find the white tiger pearl finish. I am a little concerned that the toms will sit too far and that's also why I want the curved tom arm as well. The tiger is the perfect kit! Hoping for a miracle!

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

JohnnyVibesAZ

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a set like this in Yellow Tiger. The drums were 9x10, 9x13, 14x16, and 14x20. The toms could fit inside each other, to eliminate extra cases. I liked the white tiger finish, back then. It had a crystal look about it. Not into the faded look. If I had ordered my set in red tiger, I'd still have it today.

ryanjames

Reaction score
I had a set like this in Yellow Tiger. The drums were 9x10, 9x13, 14x16, and 14x20. The toms could fit inside each other, to eliminate extra cases. I liked the white tiger finish, back then. It had a crystal look about it. Not into the faded look. If I had ordered my set in red tiger, I'd still have it today.
Wow. Sounds awesome. Yeah I love the nesting ability. The white tiger is the one I am hoping to find. Let me know if you see any! Cheers.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I am a little concerned that the toms will sit too far and that's also why I want the curved tom arm as well.
Interesting I play a 14X18 G bass and you can't miss the toms (+/-) but Yes the Slingerland mount is..

ryanjames

Reaction score
Interesting I play a 14X18 G bass and you can't miss the toms (+/-) but Yes the Slingerland mount is..
I'm sure it would work out fine. I am just holding onto hope before considering that other kit.

ryanjames

Reaction score
Was that Weather & Wood (...) in the Tiger pearl set. Seller..
It is Nelson Drum Shop in Nashville. I am planning on calling today to speak to someone about any information about who purchased it so I can somehow convince them to sell to me? Haha. It's a long shot, but when you love a kit you go to great lengths.

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
another one...

killer

different / replaced (or missing) tom mount +/- or something

ryanjames

Reaction score
another one...

killer

different / replaced (or missing) tom mount +/- or something
Yeah they ruined it in my opinion.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
o come on it's not that bad; may open an option for tom post (which he doesn't show..
Slingerland really locks you in with their tom mount don't they (didn't they) not much adjustment and everyone's experience a "tom fall off" at a gig (even me when I used a friends kit once for a gig) Couldn't get one of the toms to tighten to "the nub"...