Slingerland Niles Bop Kit

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I also had this drum set that I sold a few years ago. I'm confused as to what this one was called?? It had a Slingerland Niles badge.

It also had the 18" bass

18, 10, 13, 16
Wow. That's really cool. A 10", eh? I bet that's fun to play.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The New Jazz outfit was also a Leedy, not a Slingerland setup.

Shockingly, Leedy seems to have been the first to offer a catalog 18/12/14 setup.
I don't think I've ever seen an 18" Leedy bass drum. I bet they go for a song when they do pop up!

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I also had this drum set that I sold a few years ago. I'm confused as to what this one was called?? It had a Slingerland Niles badge.

It also had the 18" bass

18, 10, 13, 16
Modern Combo Outfit. They were originally cataloged in blue ripple, so most of them are blue...blue ripple, then light blue pearl when the ripple was discontinued. Often, on the earlier ones, the toms were painted blue on the inside. I think I remember once there was a pink oyster set that was painted red or pink on the inside.

Here's a silver sparkle one that was painted silver on the inside. https://reverb.com/ca/item/6480165-slingerland-modern-combo-75n-bop-drum-kit

I've had a couple... a later light blue pearl one that had the chocolate milk interior and a blue ripple for a short time...returned it right after I received it, so I don't remember if it was painted.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Modern Combo Outfit. They were originally cataloged in blue ripple, so most of them are blue...blue ripple, then light blue pearl when the ripple was discontinued. Often, on the earlier ones, the toms were painted blue on the inside. I think I remember once there was a pink oyster set that was painted red or pink on the inside.

Here's a silver sparkle one that was painted silver on the inside. https://reverb.com/ca/item/6480165-slingerland-modern-combo-75n-bop-drum-kit

I've had a couple... a later light blue pearl one that had the chocolate milk interior and a blue ripple for a short time...returned it right after I received it, so I don't remember if it was painted.
Wow. That is incredibly cool. Never knew about those sets.

Latest posts