Slingerland pedal

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
7A2E7649-E62A-48F9-8D2B-A9ABD7420CD9.jpeg Just picked up a set that came with this guy. Does anyone like them? Any value to them?

sksmith-1

Reaction score
They're the common Slingerland Tempo King pedal from the 60's & 70's. Value on Ebay is $30 - $75.
Steve

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Nice looking pedals. I always liked the design and the color of the frame as well. Wood beater a plus!

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That’s a solid workhorse for those of us who like strap drives. It was my first good pedal in ‘73 and I used it for several years problem-free.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last edited:
R

RickP

How would you compare this to the yellow Jacket? Is this just an earlier model?

The Yellow jacket is not a strap drive it is Direct Drive. IMHO the Yellowjacket pedal is the best bass drum pedal Slingerland ever made. They are very smooth and quick.

The Tempo King was a fine pedal, somewhat utilitarian , but a good pedal, just nothing special.

Someone mentioned Buddy using the Tempo King, he did but he far preferred using his Rogers Swivomatic pedal even when he went back to Slingerland. The swivomatic along with the COF Fibes snare used to drive Slingerland President Don Osborne crazy when he saw Buddy using them with his Slingerland set.

Latest posts