Slingerland question for you guys in the know

SteveB

DFO Star
Reaction score
Hi! A buddy of mine is trying to sell a set of Slingerlands and I'm looking for the street value on them as they stand. I can't get any pictures over here unfortunately BUT...it is a 5 piece 12.13.16.22 with what looks to be a 5x14 Artist metal snare, all in Sky Blue Pearl covering...3 cymbal stands along with unknown Zildjians and 2 small Roto Toms on a separate stand. It also has a Setomatic tom holder and a black oval badge with the serial # being 322519. I'd say the condition is very good. What would you guys put for a decent selling price on a set like this? I was quessing maybe $400 to $500.

Thanx for your help!

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
400-500 sounds like a good price but whether someone will pay it is always the tough question.

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would think he could ask for $100-$200 more than that, to leave bargaining room. 3 ply generates more looks than 5 ply.

Cymbals are the wild card.

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'd sell the cymbals separately...maybe the snare where its not matching the kit...you might do a little better.

vintagemore2000

DFO Star
Reaction score
The snare drum if it has the zoomatic strainer is a krupa model. if the kit is in very good condition I'd be asking $900.00. sale the hardware and cymbals separately

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
Sky blue pearl tends to turn yellow/green with age. Does it still look blue - they were gorgeous when new.

SteveB

DFO Star
Reaction score
The snare drum if it has the zoomatic strainer is a krupa model. if the kit is in very good condition I'd be asking $900.00. sale the hardware and cymbals separately
You're probably right about the snare. In the small pictures I have its hidden from view except it IS a metal drum...Thanx!

SteveB

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'd sell the cymbals separately...maybe the snare where its not matching the kit...you might do a little better.
Unfortunately these folks lost their son a couple years ago and don't seem to have any real knowledge. I think it will probably all go together to whomever. Thanx for the input.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
$400-$500 would be a great price for the drums if they're clean and unmolested. Cymbals, if Zildjian, could add another $200-$300. The serial numbers are later 70's right around the time they were crossing over from 3 ply to 5 ply.