Slingerland Radio King parts ID

A_T_P

Reaction score
Need some help from the Slingerland gurus..I bought a late 30’s 28-14-13 kit, and there’s some parts I have no idea where they go to...first pictures of the kit...missing the bottom heads on all drums, but I couldn’t resist that mojo! The catalog is missing some pages, but it’s amazing to look at as well.

Attachments

A_T_P

Reaction score
Combing through the catalog I recognized the curvey piece with the ball on the end as the “cymbal striker” that attaches to the shaft of the beater...super cool.

A_T_P

Reaction score
Should’ve read through this catalog sooner. Looks like that other rounded part is a leg rest for a marching drum.

I’ll have many more questions about these drums soon! Stay tuned!

-Andrew

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Super cool. With 12 tension rods must be a 28" bass drum. It sports the second cloud badge so from mid 30's into early 40's. I have the cymbal in a slide that a striker is supposed to hit (upper right in my photo). It can be struck with a stick too by mounting it higher on the hoop. Slingerland hoop mounts are neat. I like that 4 piece square mount you have....probably can mount 2 wood blocks and 2 cow bells on that....or whatever else fits.

IMG_20190817_162855.jpg

Last edited:

A_T_P

Reaction score
Very cool! And thanks for the information. If you ever want to sell that cymbal in the slide, let me know. I have the two cowbells for that mount, but no wood block unfortunately.

-Andrew