Slingerland Radio King Value?

lcondo123

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Would anybody be able to help me out with what I’ve got here?

I’ve had this set for about 5 years now and I think it’s time for it to move to its next home. I bought the kit from the son of the original owner, who bought the drums new in 1952. I have all of the hardware, snare stand, cymbal stands, hi-hat stand, as well as the matching Paiste Ludwig Standards that came with the drums (albeit cracked). It’s basically the entire Ensemble 6N setup plus a few other original goodies.

13/14/24 sizes

The snare is the steam bent single ply Radio King snare, and the tom and bass drum are mahogany/poplar. Everything is nickel and would look brand new if polished again - it’s been about 4 years since I’ve last done that.

Anyone had a ballpark of what I could offer for the whole shebang?

Thanks!

Attachments

lcondo123

Reaction score
Anyone? I talked to a few Slingerland people and I was getting estimates of around $1500 value for this whole set.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
1200 for the drums. Sell the stands and cymbals separately for extra dough.

The Ludwig cymbals were not purchased at the same time as the set... not that it matters, but those came out many years later.

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yep $1200 - $1500 my guess. Hold out and try Pu a 16 FT. They made a ton of WMP RK stuff so they are out there. I have a spare one but is much much yellower .

lcondo123

Reaction score
Just curious - why keep the broken cymbals with the kit? Those seem well past any salvage.
No problems in asking! I was just including them in the pictures with the kit for completion sake. I wouldn't include them in the sale as they're trash at this point.

I think I might split the kit up as I have a few people interested in different parts of the kit. I'll see.

lcondo123

Reaction score
The snare drum would bring more separated from the kit. I would hate to do so, but it would bring more cash.
That's what I'm currently trying to weigh in my head right now. I'd hate to split the set up, as I got it from the son of the original owner, but I've received more offers for different parts of the kit if I split it up, which would make it easier to sell. I'm not sure what to do!

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
if you want 12-15 gotta ask 25! that's a beautiful set.
Would look nice in a Hollywood millionaire's front foyer. Maybe Dave Grohl would want it.
I'd ask high and come down

lcondo123

Reaction score
if you want 12-15 gotta ask 25! that's a beautiful set.
Would look nice in a Hollywood millionaire's front foyer. Maybe Dave Grohl would want it.
I'd ask high and come down
Thanks for the input! Asking high and then negotiating down is usually effective, that's how I sell most of my stuff.

I think I've got Dave's number, I'll shoot him a text :icon_lol:

Latest posts