Slingerland Restoration Project

lamartee

Reaction score
My circa '66 Slingy champagne sparkle. I retrofitted them with Ludwig tom mounts back in the day. (who knew). Pretty much my go to kit for most of the bar gigs that I do (or did). Just the right sizes, usually 4 pieces with single mounted tom and boy these drums just sing.

Attachments

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My circa '66 Slingy champagne sparkle. I retrofitted them with Ludwig tom mounts back in the day. (who knew). Pretty much my go to kit for most of the bar gigs that I do (or did). Just the right sizes, usually 4 pieces with single mounted tom and boy these drums just sing.
Those are sweet. What snare do you use with them?

lamartee

Reaction score
Those are sweet. What snare do you use with them?
Thanks
Traded the matching 5.5" x 14" with the Zoomatic strainer for a "Big R" 5" x 14" Dynasonic COB in the seventies.(Again, who knew) I still have it and still love it but my Yammie "Anton Fig" signature is the one that goes out everywhere. Bought it when it first came out and for my money is the most versatile, killer sounding snare out there. (I even get compliments on the sound from effin' guitar players!)
Marty

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for badge grommets? Also, need to buy a grommet installation tool, anything to look out for?

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
All i can add to the convo is nice work. :)

I have a question. You said you used an old Ludwig marcher as a snare?? Do you have a recording/video of you playin it with the rest of a drum kit? Or like in a band context? When I see a drummer do that it always sounds great to me.
Sorry for the late response. I missed you comment.
I used to use a 60's Ludwig marching snare as a floor tom. No videos though, sorry!

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for badge grommets? Also, need to buy a grommet installation tool, anything to look out for?
Precision Drums in Pleasant Valley NY...order online they have the tool and the reproduction grommets.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So. Last step before assembly.

Drilling holes for floor tom leg brackets.

How far up from the bottom edge is usual? Does it vary brand to brand? I've got some nice, shiny Ludwig brackets that I'm going to throw on here. But I don't know how far up to drill so I have some amount of clearance from the Stick Savers.

Any help?

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So. Last step before assembly.

Drilling holes for floor tom leg brackets.

How far up from the bottom edge is usual? Does it vary brand to brand? I've got some nice, shiny Ludwig brackets that I'm going to throw on here. But I don't know how far up to drill so I have some amount of clearance from the Stick Savers.

Any help?
I just saw this , come on guys no help ?
My Slingerlands are packed away right now Danggitt .

Latest posts