Slingerland score

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could like that set in a 20 or 18" bass drum..

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a beautiful catalog picture back then Burgundy Sparkle but those In black look just as nice..
Does that bass have double spurs..yea it does..

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well JDA , I bet your gonna love the thought
that occurred to me on the way home .
I have 6/8/10/ 12 Slingerland cutaways toms. Add another bass drum and I’m pretty close to a Neil replica kit !!!
I’ve already found 2 possible bass drums .
I have a black 18” floor Tom as well as another 16” . Plus a 26” black bass drum .

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah
~
I'd convert the black 18" tom; add the double spurs and double mounts, to bass drum duty.
And be "creepy jazz guy" that ruins "Real Book" open stage nights.. : ) or
"mean Jazz dude"..or "strange New Orleans drummer" with the Quadra tom slingerland set. yeah. That's it.

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I look the more OG these are .
All the mufflers work smoothly , all 4 bass
Spurs work and have legs , same for the floor tom , just some incorrect wing nuts/ bolts on the set-o-mastic stuff .
Black dot heads still look good .
Now I just need tension screws for the tom resos .

I have a 26/16/18 and 6/8/10 cutaways in black as well . Lots of options .

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Slingerland 3ply shells are very well made. Better than Ludwig. Ludwig cut a piece of plywood to size and put a scarf joint on it and then bent it to shape. Slingerland put the individual plies into the mold. Their scarf jont is sort of weaved so you don't end up with a hump at the joint like Ludwigs are prone to having.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slingerland 3ply shells are very well made. Better than Ludwig. Ludwig cut a piece of plywood to size and put a scarf joint on it and then bent it to shape. Slingerland put the individual plies into the mold. Their scarf jont is sort of weaved so you don't end up with a hump at the joint like Ludwigs are prone to having.
Sweet. I've been admiring Slingerland shells for a while now.
Mine refinished beautifully.
IMG_20200803_125726767.jpg

^ that's a little sneak peek! I'll update the WIP thread as soon as I get some nice pictures.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack.
I'm running coated resos. And man is it dark.

Vibes

Reaction score
I found a Avante set a few years ago. I was amazed at how well built and nice the shell's are. Those rerings. Mine are large. 24" 18" 15" 14" 13". All the legs, spurs, tom holders, and hoops were present. What sizes are yours? I have never mounted the three toms on the bass drum. A little Leary to put all that weight on it. I have gigged mine as a four piece. 13" with the single tom holder up and 18" floor. I put a cymbal stand top rod in the back bass tom holder for a small crash. I also put a rims mount on the 15" for another floor placement in place of or with the 18". Really some of the nicest shells I have come across. Mine are red. Of all the beautiful wraps Slingerland offered. Red. They look good though.