Slingerland TDR Snare System

Algis Jaras

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a functioning TDR Snare System. Throw/Backplate/Butt. Am doing a restoration on a 6.5 x14 Mahogany Snare. Niles Badge.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have a 1978 Slingerland 5x14 5 ply snare drum with TDR system. You will really like it- Good Luck with your search.
63364647702__B5373405-618E-4FB1-B164-9463B24CBED3.jpg

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I don’t know why more manufacturers didn’t take Slingerland’s approach to extended snare wires. Its so convenient that it allows replacement with standard wires interchangeability

Algis Jaras

Reaction score
that is a beauty! thanks for your note. I recently picked this snare up. Has the Slapshot style throw. Is in disrepair. The mechanism doesn't move freely. Snares don't lay flat. Are rusted and are breaking. I showed it to a few local drum people and was told there are no replacement snares available. That I was better off replacing the Slapshot w TDR because I can get snares for TDR and the holes would match the existing Slapshot holes in the drum. Do you agree? I am new to drum restoration and any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you take measurements of the holes in your shell, I’ll pull the heads off my tdr snare and tell you if they definitely match if that helps. Thats plate for you butt side definitely looks the same as the tdr one but if no experts chime in we can figure it out

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a beauty! thanks for your note. I recently picked this snare up. Has the Slapshot style throw. Is in disrepair. The mechanism doesn't move freely. Snares don't lay flat. Are rusted and are breaking. I showed it to a few local drum people and was told there are no replacement snares available. That I was better off replacing the Slapshot w TDR because I can get snares for TDR and the holes would match the existing Slapshot holes in the drum. Do you agree? I am new to drum restoration and any advice would be appreciated!
The slap shot and tdr have the same hole spacing.