Slingerland Yellow Jacket bass pedal

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looking for a nice Slingerland Yellow Jacket pedal at a reasonable price. I've never played one and would like to try one out.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had one decades ago. It was a NOS pedal. It was just OK. The first year yellow painted pedal is more rare!

The best vintage pedal I currently have is a modified Slingerland Tempo King. It uses the bearing and "S" hook from a Yellow Jacket. It's a very light and fast pedal!

-Mark

Attachments

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had one decades ago. It was a NOS pedal. It was just OK. The first year yellow painted pedal is more rare!

The best vintage pedal I currently have is a modified Slingerland Tempo King. It uses the bearing and "S" hook from a Yellow Jacket. It's a very light and fast pedal!

-Mark
Interesting about the Yellow Jacket just being OK. I had read some good things about it so maybe it's one of those cases where people look back more fondly on something than their actual experiences. or maybe it is just the cool name, yellow paint, and there just doesn't seem to be that many around.

I have a Tempo King stuffed away I had gotten as part of a trade I need to pull out. I think it needs a strap and it is just one of those projects I have never gotten to.

bcrain

Reaction score
I am a fan of the 1976 "yellow" yellow jacket pedal -the only year it was in yellow. and have one I refurbished- bought on ebay. personal preference I know but you usually can pick them up at a reasonable price- great for the money and does the job just fine for me.

Attachments

NobleCooleyNut

Reaction score
I recall when they first came out and they were some of the best feeling pedals back then . I bought one about two years ago (yellow) and I was disappointed in it but only because my taste in pedals had changed and I preferred pedals that were lighter in action like the Sonor Perfect Balance and Axis A21 . I have mine to a friend that was just starting out on the drums and he loves it .

Latest posts