Slingerland Yellowjacket pedal acquisition

R

RickP

AABDCC16-AB60-46F1-87F2-A6665F143A69.jpeg
I have been looking for one of these since they were new back in the late 70’s . One of our local shops had one in stock back then and I was so impressed with the feel of this pedal . I am aware these were only made in the yellow version for two years or so . This particular pedal is still surprisingly smooth and will go great with my 80n kit . Big thanks to Treviso for finding this for me .

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just saw one of these pedals pop up from a 1962 Slingerland kit. That style pedal and other gear were being parted out on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Cool looking BDP kit too with original hardware, bongoes, cymbals, and cases.

Last edited:

mattmalloy66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one that I bought new around`81, so it was the black version. First new pedal I ever bought. It was the only pedal I used for years, until about `99.
Still have it and still use it from time to time.

sksmith-1

Reaction score
I picked up a black Yellowjacket a couple of months ago for my COW 80N also, Rick.
I'll be hitting you up in a couple of weeks for the stands!!
Steve

R

RickP

I picked up a black Yellowjacket a couple of months ago for my COW 80N also, Rick.
I'll be hitting you up in a couple of weeks for the stands!!
Steve

Hey Steve
I have three of the Buddy Rich Stands now if you want a third one added .

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Nice acquisition there Rick! Always fun to find the goodies to go with our vintage kits.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The "S" hook and bearing from the Yellow Jacket is a great upgrade for the Tempo King pedals! Here's a picture of my modified TK, using these parts from a donor Yellow Jacket that was beyond repair.

-Mark

Attachments

plumbndrum

Reaction score
IMG_20181231_132927766.jpg

Here's my custom/one-off "Red" Jacket. I bought this from an Ebay auction on a whim. It was in pretty bad shape and needed an overhaul. The original yellow paint was about half gone so I decided to customize the color to match my Slingerland red sparkle kit. It's built like a tank. Has a very different feel than my other pedals (Axis A and DW 5000 strap-drive).

sksmith-1

Reaction score
That red one looks great.
Does anybody have a parts breakdown diagram for these Yellow Jacket pedals?
I would like to take mine apart and rebuild it.
Thanks,
Steve

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
Big fan of the yellowjacket here. I gigged mine steady for 23 yrs before it failed...…..on the last song of a set. Here is the component that failed. Eventually, I found some parts and rebuilt it.

Use caution when buying a used pedal for this reason. Always check if the holes are being elongated.
yellowjacket.JPG

Dave