Slow delivery ... Ludwig Snare

Sammybear

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Ludwig Classic Maple Snare 14 x 5 Natural Finish-Satin August 19, 2021 from an online music store. Was told 6-8 weeks. October 15 (8 weeks) rolls around was told new date ..... December 5 (another 6 weeks). December 5 rolls around, was told January 7, 2022. January 7 rolls around was told January 17. If it arrives then, that's 20 weeks out when quoted 6-8 weeks. I was told they Ludwig had to fulfill some big orders, Covid, etc. Thoughts? I really want the drum, wife says to sit back and wait. My inclination is to jump on the store a little bit, but what good would that do? I got a good price, but my patience only goes so far. Thoughts? Anybody else having extreme delivery dates. What to do when promised a date and they keep moving it back? Input appreciated! Thank you!

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I ordered my Black Beauty in 2013 it took 4 months, and that was long ago in the pre-Covid world. It's not the store's fault, so there's not much point in jumping on them (unless you don't trust that they're being straight with you). Unless another dealer has the exact drum you want in stock (not very likely), the best thing to do is take your wife's advice.

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to go all cosmic, but in the Covid cotext,with supply chain issues, people out sick, jobs that can't be filled, delivery delays, you know the stories -- anything we can do to add patience and avoid aggravation - for us, for the dealer, for the manufacturer, for the shipper - is probably better for the balance of the universe. My guess is Ludwig would be happy to ship it asap if they could; the dealer wants good relationships with customers (imagine how many other delayed orders are in their pipeline).

And besides, our wives/partners are pretty smart :)

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
After letting it sitting idle for a year and a half, I’ve rediscovered my 14 x 5 Classic Maple.

From my experience, you are going to love that drum.

Sorry you have to sit through such a long delay.

My point, and the end meditation: It will be worth the wait.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I ordered a Ludwig Classic Maple Snare 14 x 5 Natural Finish-Satin August 19, 2021 from an online music store. Was told 6-8 weeks. October 15 (8 weeks) rolls around was told new date ..... December 5 (another 6 weeks). December 5 rolls around, was told January 7, 2022. January 7 rolls around was told January 17. If it arrives then, that's 20 weeks out when quoted 6-8 weeks. I was told they Ludwig had to fulfill some big orders, Covid, etc. Thoughts? I really want the drum, wife says to sit back and wait. My inclination is to jump on the store a little bit, but what good would that do? I got a good price, but my patience only goes so far. Thoughts? Anybody else having extreme delivery dates. What to do when promised a date and they keep moving it back? Input appreciated! Thank you!
Did you pay in full?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Just be patient. Easy for me to say, I know. I'd be screaming louder than you if it was me...but really, you have other snares to fill the gap, right? You'll love it once it arrives.

Sammybear

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
After letting it sitting idle for a year and a half, I’ve rediscovered my 14 x 5 Classic Maple.

From my experience, you are going to love that drum.

Sorry you have to sit through such a long delay.

My point, and the end meditation: It will be worth the wait.
I know exactly what you mean. This will be my 4th 14 x 5 Classic Maple in recent history. My experiences were just like yours. I wasn't thinking straight when I sold them off. Along with my recently acquired 14 x 5 Supraphonic COB, this will be my other snare. One metal, one wood. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sammybear

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I ordered my Black Beauty in 2013 it took 4 months, and that was long ago in the pre-Covid world. It's not the store's fault, so there's not much point in jumping on them (unless you don't trust that they're being straight with you). Unless another dealer has the exact drum you want in stock (not very likely), the best thing to do is take your wife's advice.
Thank you ... for sure not good to jump on anybody, it upsets the balance. Will sit back. Hopefully not much longer.

Sammybear

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to go all cosmic, but in the Covid cotext,with supply chain issues, people out sick, jobs that can't be filled, delivery delays, you know the stories -- anything we can do to add patience and avoid aggravation - for us, for the dealer, for the manufacturer, for the shipper - is probably better for the balance of the universe. My guess is Ludwig would be happy to ship it asap if they could; the dealer wants good relationships with customers (imagine how many other delayed orders are in their pipeline).

And besides, our wives/partners are pretty smart :)
Thanks for the advice .... you are spot on .... definitely better for the balance and as a matter of good relations. My wife is much smarter. :cool:

Sammybear

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Just be patient. Easy for me to say, I know. I'd be screaming louder than you if it was me...but really, you have other snares to fill the gap, right? You'll love it once it arrives.
I sure do, Dan. I have a 14 x 5 Supraphonic COB, so all is well. Sorry to be impatient. thx for the encouragement.