Small Business Saturday purchase, Gretsch burgundy sparkle snare.

Freewill3

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Released myself from quarantine (close call recently from my wife's client, tested negative, whew...) to venture out to Mike's Drum Shop in Villa Park, IL. Brought a few items in for trade and scored this beauty. File this under the "just when you thought you didn't need another snare" category. There was a complete kit this was from that sold (12,16,22 I think) from the owner who has a vast collection of pristine drums. This is a flawless specimen with the tone control (nice touch!) and sounds incredible.
G1.JPG G2.jpg G3.jpg G4.jpg

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I was unaware there was a drum shop in Villa Park...unfortunate because I was just up that way about a month ago (went to Maxwell's shop but did venture thru V.P. on way to other stops). I'll have to check it out on my next trip to the city ( I live due west on the Mississippi side of Illinois). Currently laid off (covid style) so plenty of time to make the trip but no money to spend once I get there.

Cool snare drum, I have some Ludwig drums in burgundy but have always lusted after the Gretsch version.

Freewill3

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was unaware there was a drum shop in Villa Park...unfortunate because I was just up that way about a month ago (went to Maxwell's shop but did venture thru V.P. on way to other stops). I'll have to check it out on my next trip to the city ( I live due west on the Mississippi side of Illinois). Currently laid off (covid style) so plenty of time to make the trip but no money to spend once I get there.

Cool snare drum, I have some Ludwig drums in burgundy but have always lusted after the Gretsch version.
It's a great shop K.O., definitely worth a visit. Very knowledgeable guys, (Mike G. & Mike S.) and a great hang. There's always cool stuff coming and going, new and vintage. Most of it is on their Reverb shop. From what Mike G. described, this gentlemen is retired and selling a bunch of his collection. Not sure what the status of it all is but there were many sets and snares, Ludwig, Gretsch Craviotto, etc.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the year-semi-rare to see with the muffler request option- ; won't mistake in a crowd!

Last edited: