Small , Micro , Bop whatever

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can foresee needing a small kit for house parties , small stage gigs etc .
I’m pretty sure my mind is made up .
I don’t see that much space saved with a deeper bass drum , and I liketge idea of 20x10 . How can you beat this Inde kit ?
It’s right under $1200 .
I’m not interested in Yamaha or Tama
or Pearl . Can any other USA company beat the Wayfarer kits ? Or come close ??

I would get the aluminum.
4426CC0D-D3DB-4D5D-AD00-780134B9DC0E.jpeg

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wayfarer, those sizes.

Yes. Da. Si. Oui. Ja. Hai. Iyo.

Not sure if I’d want aluminum or wood, but, Mr. Houndog, I await your review.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch Renown 12/14/18 is about the same price.
Isn’t that bass drum 16” deep ?
I can fit my 24x14 kit into just about the same space as those sizes .

I think shallow bass drums are they key to really saving space ....

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
the shallow bass drum will shave your depth space but unless your moving your cymbals and hi hat inward as well, your width will be roughly the same.
When I had my Pork Pie made for me, 18/14/12, I wanted it as compact as possible, so I had a tom mount (an INDe by the way!) and ride mount installed on the BD to eliminate the stands. It does keep things nice and tight and cuts the footprint down some.

I’m not sure if a 10” wide BD can handle having those mounts though. If you really want to save space, then maybe it’s something to ask Josh?

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the shallow bass drum will shave your depth space but unless your moving your cymbals and hi hat inward as well, your width will be roughly the same.
Yup ...I’ve just seen a lot of guys assume that an 18 or 16 bass drum means their footprint is significantly smaller . But you’ll see cymbal stands all spread out ...
I’ve squeezed my 24/12/ 15 kit into some tight spots just like them .

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I had my Pork Pie made for me, 18/14/12, I wanted it as compact as possible, so I had a tom mount (an INDe by the way!) and ride mount installed on the BD to eliminate the stands. It does keep things nice and tight and cuts the footprint down some.

I’m not sure if a 10” wide BD can handle having those mounts though. If you really want to save space, then maybe it’s something to ask Josh?
Yeah , We are on the same page .

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My DW Low Pro Kit has become my rehearsal and occasional gig kit . It sounds surprisingly good . It all packs up in a rolling suitcase style drum case . I can even trigger the bass and snare with my Roland TM-1 which I do frequently . It has a tiny footprint too . The SNOM that came with the kit is crap and I sold it immediately .

Attachments

mws

Reaction score
Yeah , We are on the same page .
I have my ride mounted on the BD of my Wayfarer 10x20 with an INDe mount. At first I thought it was going to topple the whole thing, but it seems fine after some adjusting. I have a thin-medium weight cymbal on there. I don't think I'd try much more. A tom mount might even the weight a bit? That 12" tom weighs nothing.

Radio King

DFO Master
Reaction score
I can foresee needing a small kit for house parties , small stage gigs etc .
I’m pretty sure my mind is made up .
I don’t see that much space saved with a deeper bass drum , and I liketge idea of 20x10 . How can you beat this Inde kit ?
It’s right under $1200 .
I’m not interested in Yamaha or Tama
or Pearl . Can any other USA company beat the Wayfarer kits ? Or come close ??

I would get the aluminum. View attachment 480778
They certainly sound great here, and I love the ultra light weight! I am especially impressed with the sound of the aluminum.