Snare drum stand to fit wood hoop snare?

drumreverie

Reaction score
I just picked up a wood hoop 6 x 14 snare and it is too wide to fit in my snare stand basket, even when the basket is fully opened. Can anyone recommend some snare stands that would fit? If a stand would fit a 15" snare, it would fit this drum. Thanks!

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
If you like to go with flat base stands, try Tama Classic. I also remember using another Tama stand, can't remember series though.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I just picked up a wood hoop 6 x 14 snare and it is too wide to fit in my snare stand basket, even when the basket is fully opened. Can anyone recommend some snare stands that would fit? If a stand would fit a 15" snare, it would fit this drum. Thanks!
My solution to that problem was to make only the top hoop the wood one....

...another solution might be to use a Vintage style snare stand that has the sliding basket arm. Tama recently brought that one back with the HS50S...

1575353881589.png

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Gibraltar 9706UA-TP Turning Point Ultra Adjust Snare Stand
It fits mine beautifully!
The linky, for those of us too lazy to Google it.....

drumreverie

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the great input! I think someone asked how big the snare is. I measured it and it has a 16" diameter from wood hoop outer edge to outer edge.

I went ahead and ordered an open box DW airlift DWCP9300AL stand because the airlift feature is so cool, and I like to swap out snares of different sizes.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Congrats dumreverie.
Please let us know how that works out for you.

Latest posts