Snare Stand 101

brianb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I own 3 of the Gibraltar stands you're asking about. They've worked fantastic for me for several years and lots of gigs. Solid as a rock and no issues.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’m glad we’ve had this discussion, so far nobody has tried out or reviewed the Taye and I’m not going to be the Guinea Pig lol.

As of right now I’m sold on the Gibraltar looks and sounds like the best of the lot for my wants and needs. Solid piece of hardware , nice engineering.
100 dolla!

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I dislike double-braced hardware and use an older (2008 ) Ludwig 800 series snare stand with my Gretsch set, somewhat visible in the photo, but I am interested in the new Rogers stand when they finally hit the market. I wish I had purchased the Ludwig 600 series single braced hardware rather than the 800 series, but no way to find them anymore. they were lighter. RogersSnareStand.jpgGretsch12.jpg

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m glad we’ve had this discussion, so far nobody has tried out or reviewed the Taye and I’m not going to be the Guinea Pig lol.

As of right now I’m sold on the Gibraltar looks and sounds like the best of the lot for my wants and needs. Solid piece of hardware , nice engineering.
100 dolla!
So did you buy a stand yet?

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I use the Gibraltar flat based stand to match my cymbal stands. It has the toothed tilter as I hate the omni-ball type of stands. I've never been one for all the bells and whistles. I just want a solid stand that's easy/quick to adjust, lightweight, and inexpensive. This is it.

Latest posts