Snares tuning comparison

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hate these tuning comparisons because they reveal my one-track mind. I hear a snare first on the low tuning and think, "That sounds pretty nice."

Then, I hear it tuned to medium tension and I think, "Ah, there's the sweet spot."

But the high tuning is displayed and I'm hooked. "Tight is right!"

I always end up being suckered into tuning my snare drums tight. I keep tuning up and up (batter head only! I keep the snare head relatively low-medium.) until the drum verges on choking, then I back down 1/4 turn all around and I'm stuck. Bill Bruford ruined me many years ago.

GeeDeeEmm

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hate these tuning comparisons because they reveal my one-track mind. I hear a snare first on the low tuning and think, "That sounds pretty nice."

Then, I hear it tuned to medium tension and I think, "Ah, there's the sweet spot."

I always end up being suckered into tuning my snare drums tight. I keep tuning up and up (batter head only! I keep the snare head relatively low-medium.) until the drum verges on choking, then I back down 1/4 turn all around and I'm stuck. Bill Bruford ruined me many years ago.

GeeDeeEmm
I bought rotos mainly because of Bruford

RossXdrum

Reaction score

GeeDeeEmm
I know what you mean!

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Premier is great at all those tunings. I was less than impressed with the Sonor, which is surprising to me.

Latest posts