So I understand Yamaha is discontinuing their ekit line up

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I got it from a very good source because I tried to order a new Yamaha DTX YP120SD snare pad, that there are none to be had from Yamaha. Apparently they’re redoing their whole line up. I love their DTX line up and was bummed to hear this.

BTW, I did get my YP120SD snare pad on Amazon. So if you’re thinking of adding any pieces, you might want to go that route.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't be bummed! The new line up will probably smoke the DTX's (and whatever Roland currently offers). I had a DTX for a while and liked it alot but felt that Roland was always a step ahead. Maybe now they will surpass them with whatever new series they release.

Last edited:

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yamaha was due for an upgrade , they have been producing the same kits with modest changes for a long time . The DTX 500 module has been around for ages .
it will be interesting to see what Yamaha comes up with . I hope they continue to use the DTX silicon pads as they are the only e-kit pads I like the feel of .

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A prominent edrum retailer (edrumcenter) has also posted this on its FB page, stating that this discontinuation is effective today. I take this as encouraging news rather than something to be bummed about, as long as Yamaha is planning on rolling out an entirely new line of edrums. Yamaha has gotten a lot of mileage out of its DTX series, but in my opinion their modules in need of an update to complete with the likes of the Pearl Mimic.

Last edited:

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
If Yamaha ever gets a competent interface designer (UI/UX) working on their electronic drums, they'll own the market. The EAD10, DTXMulti12, and DTX kits are all _incredible_ instruments, they're just kneecapped by horrible (really, really horrible) interfaces.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Maybe this discontinuation of the current lineup will mean good deals on whatever is left out there. The sample pads will probably be discontinued too. I wouldn't mind picking up a new DTX-Multi 12 for cheap!:)

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe this discontinuation of the current lineup will mean good deals on whatever is left out there. The sample pads will probably be discontinued too. I wouldn't mind picking up a new DTX-Multi 12 for cheap!:)
I saw the photo of your new kit in another thread. You don't have room for anything else. :)

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw the photo of your new kit in another thread. You don't have room for anything else. :)
I would figure out where to put it if it's a good deal, LOL!
Seriously, I already have a sample pad on my kit so a "well priced" new DTX multi would squeeze right into the place of the old one.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My initial reaction to this news was that Yamaha is planning to revamp their entire e-drum line-up with upgraded modules and pads. However, many responses I've read online presume that this the end of Yamaha's foray into electronic drums. If so, I wonder if it includes hybrid products such as the EAD10? I've been thinking about buying a trigger for my EAD10. Perhaps I should do so sooner rather than later if these products are being phased out as well.

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
My initial reaction to this news was that Yamaha is planning to revamp their entire e-drum line-up with upgraded modules and pads. However, many responses I've read online presume that this the end of Yamaha's foray into electronic drums. If so, I wonder if it includes hybrid products such as the EAD10? I've been thinking about buying a trigger for my EAD10. Perhaps I should do so sooner rather than later if these products are being phased out as well.
I'd be shocked if that was the case. The EAD10 has been a big hit for Yamaha. Given that they have a full pro audio / keyboard division, it's not like staying in e-drums is a huge leap for them. I'd expect a new flagship kit/module soon, with the DTX Multi 12 (or a replacement) and the EAD10 remaining around.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Official letter from my supplier today confirms that everything DTX 500 and up are now discontinued. No orders will be taken, back orders will be accommodated. The 400 series entry level stuff looks like they are still active.
The letter concluded by saying "The future of the DTX is exciting" but it is not the right time for details.

Latest posts