So, I was just noticing...

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened, but i was enjoying the SK talk a whole lot more.
I haven't got a bruise on my foot since i was a kid. Definitely getting one with this pedal

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
But that "so" was completely unnecessary. How is it any less clear or effective if they had simply said what they needed to in order to provide more clarity/context?
It can be less effective to give all of the detail up front. We deal with so much information every day, that may or may not be shared amongst our various groups. Sometimes assumptions are made as to who knows what, in the interest of brevity. Those assumptions are usually valid, but at times they are not.

BTW, I'm not condemning or advocating the use of the So. I was giving an example of my experience with its usage.

LauraCai

Reaction score
So, I’ve ‘actually’ noticed people using “actually” all the time lately too. They use it when their sentence is complete in meaning without it, but they add the word any way. Seems to be used when they want to make their statement sound more impressive. Instead of saying, “ my drums are green sparkle”, they’ll say “actually, my drums are green sparkle”. Anyone notice this trend as well?

richardh253

Reaction score
So, I’ve ‘actually’ noticed people using “actually” all the time lately too. They use it when their sentence is complete in meaning without it, but they add the word any way. Seems to be used when they want to make their statement sound more impressive. Instead of saying, “ my drums are green sparkle”, they’ll say “actually, my drums are green sparkle”. Anyone notice this trend as well?
How about are "literally green sparkle..." :)