So, I'm going to do a thing to my CM bass drum

Blisco

Reaction score

So, yeah, I ordered another (sixth) DrumArt head that is a bit plain but will be black on white. I got the bright (pun) idea to illuminate the head to make it glow to add some flair to the look. It should make the black logo pop. All my other heads had more art or were fully printed with color which would never allow this to happen. I should have the new head tomorrow so I can't wait to see how it turns out. I won't be using any of the presets/fades but I think some static colors like white or blue throughout the gig would look great and compliment the kit without being gaudy.

I was a little worried about applying the tape to the shell but they assure you that it comes off without residue.

The band recently voted to change the logo and I picked up this kit in late August from a fellow forum member with a 24" bass. Previous Keystone kit was a 22 so this was a great time to change things up.

Anybody else just do the bass drum kit and what did you think?

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My logo head is too dark for lighting to be effective, but I look forward to seeing your results.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Ludwig used to offer lit drum kits, as "Tivoli kits"....

1575344742447.png

...so named for the rope lights they would line the shells with.

Back in the early days of the drumkit, bass drums were often outfitted with a lightbulb to help keep the calfskin heads dry, and thus, in tune.
Sometimes a girl would be painted on the front head, then as the drummer played the bass drum, it gave the appearance that she was dancing...

1575346681525.png

Nice to see this old idea still has merit today.
Blisco, I'd like to see a short video of that lit up bass drum in use.
Nice idea. :thumbright:

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a string of LED's in my 18" bass drum and I set the controller to a slow fade from one color to the next; I think it has 5 or maybe 6 different colors. It's kind of cool I like it but some do and some don't. I ran the wiring through the air hole; no drilling.

sherm

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. I like the way illuminated bass drums look. And the slow fade from one color to the next is a cool idea, too.

And that Ludwig kit is a star! I love the color, the setup, everything about it. Looks like a very professional and comfortable arrangement.

GeeDeeEmm