So- is it possible to recreate a 24” Rogers bass drum?

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will be getting the genuine article. I am going to get some hardware first, then recover.

I am thinking, however, that I would like a knock about gigging kit made with Rogers style bearing edges.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Rogers never made a 26” for Bonzo-style
kits, but a 24” would make me a happy dude. The guy that sold me my Rogers kit 33 years ago HAD a 24” and sold it BEFORE I bought the kit. My configuration is a 14, 16, 18, 20”. I know I could survive with the 20” bass; I also know that basically a few places know the secret to cutting CORRECT Rogers bearing edges, I can get the paint for the interior, champagne glass sparkle wrap is attainable and the lugs are being made again, so I am asking is this a fool’s errand or could I get this to go and be happy? I have a 24” Premier marching bass that sounds plenty good with lots of action, albeit a bit rounded out from the sun that I could use; just wouldn’t be the same.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ro...677734?hash=item1f0a881966:g:uxYAAOSwbI9eMz59

here is a set with a 24" bass drum

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot that was you. You need to get rid one of those other kits.
Lmao dude, I think she's just tired of me lookin at them in general and spending as much time as I do. If I got rid of one, I feel like at this point she wouldn't even let me replace it.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I found the shells for what I believe was one of these sets set out for the trash once. All there except the snare and the 18" floor. WMP. Two "virgin" 24s

ROG70-UL.jpg

MrYikes

Reaction score
I literally pulled a quad set of Ludwig tenors out of the dumpster and thought it was a good thing. I got home and found that every lug was broken. I don't hold Ludwig with much respect anymore. I now use the drums as trash cans, they make good trash cans.